Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.203.68
Sign in to follow this  
briancarnell

Strange Issue

I'm fairly technically savvy but not when it comes to networking issues. Have been having an odd experience with AirVPN for awhile now that is definitely something on my end but not sure what.

So I have a Thinkpad laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit that I use almost exclusively at two sites -- my home (U.S. - Charter is ISP) -- and my office. I connect wirelessly at both places.

So at my office I am able to connect to AirVPN without any problem -- it connects right away, I get excellent network speed, etc. No issues.

At home, it is exactly the opposite...AirVPN is essentially unusable for me. As soon as the connection to an AirVPN server is connected, my bandwidth monitoring software goes through the roof showing throughput that simply isn't possible. The upload speed will go immediately to > 200mbs/sec, for example.

The connection itself is unusable...if I have a torrent going it simply stops. Web browsing, etc. is not possible (everything will time out, etc).

Since I have no problems on the same computer at my office, clearly this has something to do with my home network, but I have no clue where to even start.

Any ideas?

Hello!

Have you tried, from your home, different servers and ports? Can you please send us the logs of your client?

Kind regards