Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.133.148
Drk01

How to exclude apps from VPN

Hi, i wonder how i can exclude Eddie from specific processes. I've been reading than that is not posible directly and the only way to do it is by using network config.

Particulary i want to use a browser instance without VPN and if it's posible i want to play League Of Legends.

I use Windows 7 and Manjaro Linux

Could you please help me? Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Drk01 said:

Hi, i wonder how i can exclude Eddie from specific processes. I've been reading than that is not posible directly and the only way to do it is by using network config.

Wherever you read it, it's not possible directly. The closest you can get is to configure your network similar to a guide on how to run OpenVPN without setting the default gateway. In the parent directory you can also find a guide for Windows.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks. 

I did search but only found solutions for Windows. I guess the answer is that Eddie on Linux is similar to on Windows in this regard. I also looked at this thread:

to see if I could find something there I could use. That one is Mac specific but has references to solutions for Linux. I am not a developer at all so I found it to be complicated. Anyhow, thank you for help and answers. 

@cdysthe
@Drk01

Hello!

If those solutions are too complex, you might consider a Virtual Machine. Nowadays software like VirtualBox and VMWare make running a VM a piece of cake, you just need some time (once and for all) to install an OS from scratch. Then you can connect only the VM to the VPN (exactly as you do now in your machine) and use the applications whose traffic must be tunneled only in the VM. Host traffic will remain out of the VPN.

Kind regards