Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.244.83
Staff

Eddie Desktop 2.19.7 released

On 1/27/2021 at 6:58 AM, Auri said:
me too, but only on my laptop. My PC works just fine with version 2.19.7. Both have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 fully updated. Both have TAP-Windows 9.24.2 installed. Both use ESET Internet Security. In Computer Settings-> Services and Applications-> Services-> Eddie Elevation Service, I'm unable to start it on my laptop. One difference: my PC runs on AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core and my laptop runs on Intel Core-i7-6700HQ CPU.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!  ... The Eddie Elevation Service was present even when Eddie had been de-installed, and it was not possible to start this service manually. Installing OpenVPN did not help so I de-installed it too. By this time TAP-Windows 9.24.2 had disappeared. I then deleted the following key manually in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EddieElevationService. (There are cleaner ways to remove Services.) After that, installing Eddie 2.19.7 worked perfectly. Note that before this I had been using Eddie 2.18.9 (and earlier versions) for ages without a problem.
Thank you for the solution! I tried this and now Edie 2.19.7 is working perfectly on Windows for me too.
Now I have another problem, strangely when I turn on Network Lock, all IPv6 traffic within the VPN tunnel gets blocked.

Hello all,

I personally switched off AirVPN and exited the program and installed without any issues on top of old files.
Historically, I always struggle with installing new versions on top of the old one on Windows 10.
So for those of you that are, I would recommend uninstalling AirVPN completely and from Device Manager>Network Adapters uninstall TAP-Windows Adapter V9 driver.
Then Install the new version. That should help with connection loops, etc.

Also, read my post on following topic which may also help:

If a moderator can pin this post for other Windows 10 users.

Hope that helps most people.

This is what I call a cluster**** aka making things worse while trying to fix something.
v2.18.9 was perfect ever from day 1. No problems whatsoever.
Then came 2.19.7 and the "Unable to obtain elevated privileges (required): Unable to start (unable to initialize service) messages. Eddie wouldn't run, I couldn't even get to the settings for crying out loud!
I tried every suggestion posted in this thread and ended up with a non-functional VPN client.
Uninstalled/re-installed everything including TAP drivers etc. Removed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eddie Elevation Service (kept a registry back-up of course, not that it helped)
"SC DELETE Eddie Elevation Service" doesn't work either, I get a

[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Now I'm back to v2.18.9. I have no problem connecting to a server, but then nothing happens. All traffic's blocked save for the few TCP connections (no more than 6) from Eddie-UI.exe to "xxxxxxxxxxxx.in-addr.arpa" at the beginning of the session.
Is there a repository of previous beta editions? v2.19.6 for instance. I'd like to give them a try.

Never mind, I finally figured it out. It took me more than an hour and half a dozen of reboots but it’s working properly at last! 😎

btw, should I leave "Eddie Elevation Service" to automatic? Even when I’m not running Eddie?

10 hours ago, ccp4vpn said:

Never mind, I finally figured it out. It took me more than an hour and half a dozen of reboots but it’s working properly at last! 😎

Btw, post your solution. It only helps others. Thanks :)
10 hours ago, ccp4vpn said:

btw, should I leave "Eddie Elevation Service" to automatic? Even when I’m not running Eddie?

Yes.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hello,
I have the question, after installed Eddie 2.19.7, and double click UI.exe, or CLI.exe, it reminds notes as mentioned below:

C:\Users\Ria>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\AirVPN

C:\Program Files (x86)\AirVPN>Eddie-CLI.exe
F 2021.02.06 16:18:50 - This software require some additional files (C++ Redistributable) that are not currently installed on your system. Use the Installer edition, or look https://eddie.website/windows-runtime/
. 2021.02.06 16:18:50 - Shutdown in progress
. 2021.02.06 16:18:50 - Shutdown complete

but I am sure have the C++ library files installed, so, what happened to this trouble?