Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.79.135
macfanboy

Problems with AirVPN on iOS/iPad OS

Hi

I have installed OpenVPN on my iPad and iOS, the problem i'm having is that the connection is very unstable.
For example if i put my iPad to sleep, and wake it up after some time, i have no internet connection, which is very annoying.

I was testing Mozilla VPN and it was working perfect.

Is there any other client i could try on iPad/iPhone ? or is there a way to import config into the iOS settings somehow ?

Thanks

At https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321856 the first, long post is about setting up AirVPN on a dd-wrt router, but the second post is about setting it up in iOS using OpenConnect and importing a config file downloaded from Air.  The post is from late 2019, so there may be small differences now that iOS 14 is a thing, but perhaps the post will still help.

As to why it's in the dd-wrt forum and not the Air forum, I had just joined Air, had only just discovered the existence of its forum, and certainly didn't know its forum culture well enough to be posting giant how-tos.  But I was a dd-wrt forum regular, and I was really aiming at that audience.  Adding an iOS post seemed appropriate once I realized that the process was a bit tricky in spots.

@SurprisedItWorks

Hello and thank you!

Historically in AirVPN, you can publish any guide you wish
in "General and suggestions" forum. If the guide receives a positive feedback and no critical bugs are found we usually move it either to the instructions page of a specific system or the How-To forum. keeping of course the author's name and content. If a guide is "promoted" in that way, the author usually gets some years of free access to AirVPN as a "thank you".

Kind regards

On 1/19/2021 at 5:22 PM, SurprisedItWorks said:

At https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321856 the first, long post is about setting up AirVPN on a dd-wrt router, but the second post is about setting it up in iOS using OpenConnect and importing a config file downloaded from Air.  The post is from late 2019, so there may be small differences now that iOS 14 is a thing, but perhaps the post will still help.

As to why it's in the dd-wrt forum and not the Air forum, I had just joined Air, had only just discovered the existence of its forum, and certainly didn't know its forum culture well enough to be posting giant how-tos.  But I was a dd-wrt forum regular, and I was really aiming at that audience.  Adding an iOS post seemed appropriate once I realized that the process was a bit tricky in spots.

This is what i did basically, generated a config and used it in OpenVPN connect, unfortunately AirVPN is very unstable for me...

I think it’s just OpenVPN app that sucks so badly ? Because if i put my iPad to sleep and wake it up few hours later, there is no connection.

I’m using Mozilla VPN now for a couple of days already, and i’m nonstop connected for like 3 days already, without any issues..., i wish AirVPN worked like that.

Unfortunately i think it’s time to leave AirVPN, which is a pity because i trust this company...