Not connected, Your IP: 34.203.242.200
Col99

ANSWERED New Eddie - Win 10 shutdown hangs on IPCONFIG.

Hi, I've updated to the latest Eddie (again).
All is working well this time but when I go to shutdown (either PC) I get an IPCONFIG.exe error.

I've attached a screenshot.
Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks, Col.

eddie prob.docx

Please don't use Microsoft Word again for pictures or even logs – upload them directly, it's possible and 10 times better.

Having written that, we need those logs. In Logs tab, click the lifebelt icon and paste or upload the output here.
In the future, refrain from shutting down the computer while Eddie still runs.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

3 hours ago, Krebbin said:

Ah that great Germanic sense of humour:-)

Where was I humorous?
And my location being Germany does not make me German. ;)

Your logs don't contain anything pertaining to your problem and it's improbable they ever will. Can you provide a set of steps leading to what you experience? We should try reproducing it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You weren't humorous at all. I was trying to be!
If your response had come from a paid tech I'd have probably walked away. As it is I'm grateful to people who put in time and effort to help. Thank you.

Simply put, I'd been using version 16.3 for the past few years, with very few problems. A while back I tried the latest version and got so many errors I ripped it out.

I have a purpose built - by me, home theatre PC (i5 etc with ssd) and a Surface 5. I installed the latest version on both and get exactly the same problem when shutting down. Why its trying to open IPCONFIG, I have no idea. Why it refuses to shut down till I force it, I've not a clue. That's all there is. The app works fine, this time around. That's the good news!☺

If this is peculiar to me, then I'll probably go back to an earlier version of Eddie. I can do without the hassle tbh.

did you remove the old version, reboot.install the new version and have this issue?     <-- id suggest doing this before anything 

or did you just run the new installer with the previous version installed? 

you might also uncheck ip6 on the network adapter of either the wireless Nic or wired Nic you are using :
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/e0b6aed7-2979-40f4-860d-8b11d123fc2d/how-to-disableuncheck-ipv6-in-network-adapter-properties

Hiya, I installed over the old one then rebooted!

I figured the install process would warn me if this was incorrect🤨.

Would you suggest I uninstall, reboot and install clean?

Ip6 unchecked🙋‍♂️

Tried a clean install. problem remains. Of course if I close Eddie prior to shutdown, it doesnt happen. But then again I never used to, so why now?

Thanks, col.

Hi,

I'm having that exact same issue on 2 PCs. Updated from 2.16.3 to 2.20.0.
Clean install did not change anything.
Is there any solution by now?

Thank you.

Tech support says no, and its not a bug its a feature.
Apparently, closing Eddie first is required for an orderly PC shutdown.

I dont buy it. My PC is now back on 2.16.3 for whats left of my licence.

I shall be checking out blockchain VPNs as a replacement.

13 hours ago, vilrockerdefer said:

Hello,

I just subscribed and would really want a solution to this too…

Hello!

This is an ancient problem on some very old Eddie version (2.18), while the forced shut down is CORRECT AND EXPECTED if you don't disable the exit confirmation prompt, do you really have an identical problem with latest releases? Please open your own thread and also open a ticket (attach a system report, please). The problem might be slightly different or the same or it could be just an expected behavior, in any case this is probably not the correct thread.

Kind regards