Not connected, Your IP: 18.212.120.195

https://www.wickes.co.uk/

Can not reach this website using any of Airvpn UK servers, I get 403 Forbidden on each search attempt.
I can reach it and browse if I bypass airvpn and can reach it and browse on my mobile phone over the O2 network, the site worked fine a few days ago and seems ok using airvpn router checker so I presume airvpn has been added to a block blacklist somewhere.

16 hours ago, tuxornot said:

seems ok using airvpn router

Seems ok? Pretty much all servers report a 403 in the route checker.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not official. Refer to Staff postings for the official word.

» These are the community forums, not the support portal. You're writing with other users here.

» New here? LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN. Use the search function, Luke!

» Tor exits behind a VPN connection are discouraged. Using Tor on the other hand is not.

» Privacy is like alcohol: Drink a little and it can help you stay unnoticed. Drink a lot and everyone will notice you.

» I cannot give you the solution to all your issues. But I can guide you to it. The rest is up to you.

Thanks for replying giganerd,

I have tried all the UK based servers and keep receiving the 403, if I bypass the vpn the page loads. I use pfsense and one vpn server at a time, went through all of the servers, cleared the cache (s) and rebooted pfsense, still the same thing, I have airvpn DNS set in pfsense so I wonder if that could cause the problem ?

wickesfobidden.png

No, your previous assessment that AirVPN servers might be on a blocklist is plausible. HTTP status codes are sent by the webserver or a reverse proxy in front of it to the client, whether it's a browser or a program like cURL, and shown to the user directly.

I can confirm successful access to that website with my ISP IP, from Germany. Clearly it's not a geoblock.

» I am not an AirVPN team member. All opinions are my own and are not official. Refer to Staff postings for the official word.

» These are the community forums, not the support portal. You're writing with other users here.

» Tor exits behind a VPN connection are discouraged. Using Tor on the other hand is not.

» Privacy is like alcohol: Drink a little and it can help you stay unnoticed. Drink a lot and everyone will notice you.

» I cannot give you the solution to all your issues. But I can guide you to it. The rest is up to you.

1 hour ago, giganerd said:

Thank you again, I appreciate your help.

So if you can load the website from Germany and I cant from the UK over airvpn then its probable wickes has blocked the UK servers, I don't know if airvpn can have that block cleared, what I do know is wickes lost a few sales today, I bought from another shop instead !

1 minute ago, tuxornot said:

So if you can load the website from Germany and I cant from the UK over airvpn then its probable wickes has blocked the UK servers

No, read again everything I wrote, please. I can load the website by using my ISP IP, i.e., when not connected, while all servers still return a 403, including the DE servers.

4 minutes ago, tuxornot said:

I don't know if airvpn can have that block cleared

It's a fool's errand.

2 minutes ago, giganerd said:
No, read again everything I wrote, please. I can load the website by using my ISP IP, i.e., when not connected, while all servers still return a 403, including the DE servers.

Ah yes, I understand, thank you.

It's a fool's errand.

Well probably !