Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.186.241
Sign in to follow this  
piercestevens

Comodo firewall settings

Hi, a new user here.

Im nowhere near as tech-knowledgeable as most of you,but I usually get there in the end! However the instructions here for setting the Comodo Firewall to prevent leaks is unfathomable to me! I (anyone else?) really need an idiots guide to this. I dont even know WHERE in the comodo settings to go to in order to implement the settings described. Im sure the instructions here are well thought-out and comprehensive,im just really struggling with them. PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks.

Hello,

I agree with pierce.

I can manage to understand what it is saying(, although I consider myself relatively computer literate), 'but' I've been interested this kind of service for about 10 years,

It must be daunting to most average net users.

So, why don't you publish the .cfgx file of the settings described in the instruction, since most of values in it are not user specific?

- malta

I agree with both Malta and Pierce I can sort of understand what is being said in the instructions.

But I think you will find the Comodo Firewall has been updated and altered since your instructions,

And even the Comodo Manual was written.

so now the it does not make sense unless you already know have to configure it in the first place!

A good example is the Define a Global Rule, which does not look anything like their manual or the instructions.

So I think it would be very helpful if a cfgx.file of the current Comodo settings could be made available

Hello!

It is opinion of this admin that a pre-configured .cfgx Comodo file containing global rules meant to prevent any leak represents a security risk for our customers and would need anyway to be highly customized (too many variables seem to make impossible to cover all cases). It is also opinion of this admin that a basic knowledge of a firewall is an essential requisite for a person really interested in network security and privacy.

The guides and Comodo manuals are perfectly suitable to master all the Comodo firewall free edition features. Our guide is designed precisely to be unlinked to a particular Comodo firewall version: all the rules are reported in text format and care to avoid references to specific menus, options etc. has been used in order to provide maximum flexibility.

However we will discuss internally about this option.

Kind regards

it seems that configuring comodo is always an issue. For many people it is a hard task to follow most available instructions. For this reason I think it would make sense to produce a comprehensive, short youtube-video. I still haven't found on youtube such a video. Those that are available there are really limited. I'm sure that this video could save all you admins a lot of time as people could finally see what to do and how to do that and you don't have to respond every week to a new thread concerning comodo. Actually it is not that complicated... but if you are not aware of the software itself and of the neccessary steps you will simply fail to configure that firewall.

all the best

Mich

I agree with everyone here. I consider myself somewhat computer knowledgeable taking Network+ class in college. But this guide is really vague. Like the admin said before, there are many variables to setting up the firewall rules just right and the current instructions don't really answer most of the newbie questions. Like should I be added these global rules through the stealth port wizard?? OR by going directly to the global rules and click add. And if so which tab do i use. source address, destination address,???

A video of how to add the network and global rules in comodo would be a great help. Also a screen shot of the global rules would be helpful so I can see all the rules I'm missing or get an idea of what they look like. Maybe someone on here who has theirs working without leaks can post a screenshot of their global rules?? Ive been emailing back and forth with admins for 3 days now and I still haven't set it up right and my trial ends tomorrow I haven't even got a chance to use the service yet .........

I agree with everyone here. I consider myself somewhat computer knowledgeable taking Network+ class in college. But this guide is really vague. Like the admin said before, there are many variables to setting up the firewall rules just right and the current instructions don't really answer most of the newbie questions. Like should I be added these global rules through the stealth port wizard?? OR by going directly to the global rules and click add.

Hello!

It's very important that you follow step 1.

Adding highly customized global rules with the stealth port wizard is not possible.

The Global Rules can be added, deleted and edited in the Global Rules tab. The Network Zones can be added, deleted and edited in the Network Zone tab.

And if so which tab do i use. source address, destination address,???

Again, you should follow step 1. It's just so easy to use Comodo firewall and set rules that most of the doubts come out just because step 1 has not been followed.

A video of how to add the network and global rules in comodo would be a great help. Also a screen shot of the global rules would be helpful so I can see all the rules I'm missing or get an idea of what they look like.

The rules are exactly as reported in the guide, word by word. A screenshot will show you the very same rules, word by word.

Kind regards

I totally agree, tried on more than one occasion and failed, it would be nice if there could be a guide for us not so knowledgeable people can understand.

Thanks