Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.171.121
benfitita

ANSWERED [resolved] API: List of user's devices

First of all, thank you for adding the new `generator` API endpoint recently. Thank you again!

Currently I have to copy-paste device name from my Client Area. Would it be possible to have an additional endpoint that would return names of user's devices? It would be a very useful addition to the custom random server config generator.

It would be nice to have that info, maybe as an additional field in the userinfo API?

Be advised that it's not device names, but rather key names. And it's sensible information only accessible if you are logged in, i.e., maybe with an API key. Do you plan on letting people enter theirs, or why exactly would that be a good addition?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

@eburom Good idea!

@giganerd Exactly, these are key names. By "devices" I'm just referring to a phrase used in Client Area and in `generator` API parameter. Yes, I'm planning to make use of `generator` API. I'll allow users to enter their API key, so they can get an .ovpn file with random remotes already in place. Currently I need to ask user to copy-paste device name from the Client Area, but with that API I would be able to just have a simple drop down.

Aaah, now I see what you mean. Huh. Should be looked at, maybe something is possible there.

You are also essentially reimplementing a feature of the config generator long removed, where you would get a config file with all selected servers' addresses or FQDNs already written into it. Give me a way to buy you a coffee, tea or beer, whichever you prefer…

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yeah. I'm also having fun with Elm. :)That would be nice! Just let's wait until this whole human malware blows over.