Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.141.202
Sign in to follow this  
qr46100gb

Forcing Emule to only Use AirVPN with Comodo?

Hello all, I am noobish here so please forgive me. I have tried searching the forums and have only had limited luck. I could write a long post about the shortcomings of this forum not being a PHPBB, but that is not what this thread is about.

My question is how do I configure Emule to only Connect to AirVPN using Comodo Internet Security Premium?

I would post a picture here but the forum doesn't allow that option, so, here is my written description of rules I have made:

First, I created a network zone called VPN as followed: Type = IPv4 Address Range, Start IP = 10.4.0.0, End IP = 10.9.255.255.

My Custom Application Rules are as followed: Action = Allow, Logging is checked, Protocol = IP, Direction = In, Source Address Type = Any Address, Destination Address Type = Network Zone, Zone = VPN (as above), IP Details IP Protocol = Any.

Next Rule is the same except it is set "Direction = Out."

Final rule: Action = Block, Logging is checked, Protocol = IP, Direction = In/Out, Source Address Type = Any Address, Destination Address Type = Any Address, IP Details IP Protocol = Any.

These rules seem to work fine with firefox, but I have problems with emule.

Emule can connect to the server but it gets a low ID, is this because I am not supposed to allow port forwarding with my router?

Emule gets cut off on downloads and none of my shared files are being uploaded.

Kad never succeeds in connecting.

Overall, emule is not working, what do?

Hello all, I am noobish here so please forgive me. I have tried searching the forums and have only had limited luck. I could write a long post about the shortcomings of this forum not being a PHPBB, but that is not what this thread is about.

My question is how do I configure Emule to only Connect to AirVPN using Comodo Internet Security Premium?

I would post a picture here but the forum doesn't allow that option, so, here is my written description of rules I have made:

First, I created a network zone called VPN as followed: Type = IPv4 Address Range, Start IP = 10.4.0.0, End IP = 10.9.255.255.

My Custom Application Rules are as followed: Action = Allow, Logging is checked, Protocol = IP, Direction = In, Source Address Type = Any Address, Destination Address Type = Network Zone, Zone = VPN (as above), IP Details IP Protocol = Any.

Next Rule is the same except it is set "Direction = Out."

Final rule: Action = Block, Logging is checked, Protocol = IP, Direction = In/Out, Source Address Type = Any Address, Destination Address Type = Any Address, IP Details IP Protocol = Any.

These rules seem to work fine with firefox, but I have problems with emule.

Emule can connect to the server but it gets a low ID, is this because I am not supposed to allow port forwarding with my router?

Hello!

Rules for emule need a slight correction. On both the "Allow" rules please set Allow IP In/Out, not only In or only Out.

Emule gets cut off on downloads and none of my shared files are being uploaded.

Kad never succeeds in connecting.

Overall, emule is not working, what do?

After you have modified the rules as above, if you haven't already done so, please forward remotely the port(s) you have set Emule to listen to (both TCP & UDP). Please make sure that the port numbers match.

For additional information:

https://airvpn.org/faq/#p2p

Kind regards