Not connected, Your IP: 54.197.64.207
ForeShadow

ANSWERED Canada Servers are not overloaded

I don't know if its the isolation, but it's midnight and the servers are overloaded. I was disconnected during gameplay so I checked. Canada could use more servers.

image.png.f8da03cc5f015143e67499362dd2d5dd.png

Hello!

No doubts we are having higher than average bandwidth request in the last days, but Canada infrastructure is still used mainly at no more than its 40% capacity. Even in your very screenshot you can see that most servers are not even at 60%

Thanks to our planned in the past redundancy we can still support much more bandwidth. in Canada.

Kind regards

Not only servers in Canade are a bit high in load...

Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden (Stockholm), Norway, Czech Republic and parts of the Netherland servers are often crowded in the rush hours too!

The swedish servers in Uppsala are too slow for me.... ok i got a 400 MBit/s line under my belt, but nevertheless... a few more servers couldn't hurt IMO.

if you don't mind me saying so..

Regards

BB

AMD Ryzen 3950X @ 105W PPL

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

AMD RX 5700 XT

Corsair DDR4-3200 32GB

@BlueBanana

Hello!

Check the stats about used bandwidth on the total infrastructure day by day:

AirVPN_bw.png.1f0c66aedb928b62861d42133a5e7cc7.png

As you can see, the used peak bandwidth has increased remarkably in the last days, up to 80200 Mbit/s. On the whole infrastructure, it is still slightly more than just 1/3 of the total available bandwidth (236900 Mbit/s). We will closely monitor, on top of that, used bandwidth country by country, of course.

About the countries you mention, even the last peak usage does not exceed 60% of total available bandwidth in each of those countries. We are still well within the range of the quality of service ensured by the terms of service and actually most available bandwidth has not ever been used.

That said, we will not hesitate to add servers when it is really necessary, of course. We are monitoring closely, as usual, peak demands country by country.

Kind regards

16 hours ago, ForeShadow said:

I don't know if its the isolation, but it's midnight and the servers are overloaded.

They are a bit overloaded. Yup.
8 minutes ago, Staff said:

That said, we will not hesitate to add servers when it is really necessary, of course.

The time is now. Necessary Yes.
@StaffThank you if you can make this happen.

Oh yes, i also noticed that sudden surge of bandwidth usage in the last couple of days, hitting almost 100000 MBit/s! Well, that speaks for the quality of your service of course, when there is such a high demand!

Thanks for your reply and the clarification. I am already looking forward to some new servers in the future! 🙃😁

Regards

BB

AMD Ryzen 3950X @ 105W PPL

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

AMD RX 5700 XT

Corsair DDR4-3200 32GB

i would apreachiate if servers from upsala can be moved towards stockholm.
Stockholm server are always at higher (not "high" but almost always arround 400 mbit - atm its more like 700 mbit per server) load.
For me and many others upsalla location seems quite slow (check the user connected from upsalla and stockholm)

Server add in Stockholm would be great!

7 hours ago, Staff said:
@arteryshelby

Thank you, we will keep your suggestion in serious consideration.

Kind regards

thanks! I´d like to agree here, the Stockholm servers are very crowded all the time, and I think most users would prefer them over Uppsala. So the server locations seem somewhat disproportionate.

Best regards

Any news on this?

The excellent fast 4 Stockholm servers I use (Norma, Lupus, Ain, Copernicus) all often have a very heavy load and it's hard to to much.
At the same time the slow Uppsala servers seem to have 1/10-1/4 of the connected users and rarely a high bandwidth load.

Do you plan to expand the faster and more popular servers? Are the stockholm servers more expensive?

Other than this, thanks for a great VPN service. Have been here for a long time and Im not about to change to a inferior service ☺️

Happy new year!

6 hours ago, Flx said:
When?

Maybe you already know it. When a country consistently has more than 65-70% allocated (used) bandwidth, we consider the expansion. When a country has consistently more than 90% allocated bandwidth, expansion is mandatory. Currently Canada is around 55% while Sweden less than 50%. However, in Sweden, we have much stronger demand in Stockholm (better peering with various residential ISPs) than Uppsala. If you consider Stockholm as an area of its own, or equivalently Sweden as a country relying essentially on Stockholm, then you have consistently 70% allocated bandwidth. That's why expansion in Stockholm is now under evaluation with higher priority than Canada.

Kind regards