Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.17.45
Sign in to follow this  
gajanq1

Questions regarding Server locations.

Does a server location always mean that it is restricted by that country's site restrictions and always gives out that country's ip address ?

Take for example, if I live in Australia. If I connect to an Australian VPN server, would the IP addresses given by the VPN server always be of Australian IPs ?

And would Australian site restrictions apply ? ( like not being able to access Hulu.com as it is an Australian ip .. )

Does a server location always mean that it is restricted by that country's site restrictions and always gives out that country's ip address ?

Take for example, if I live in Australia. If I connect to an Australian VPN server, would the IP addresses given by the VPN server always be of Australian IPs ?

And would Australian site restrictions apply ? ( like not being able to access Hulu.com as it is an Australian ip .. )

Hello!

If the geographical restrictions are applied by the provider of the server (e.g. Hulu) then using a server outside that provider country will not let you use that service (but we're working on that, in order to allow geo-discriminatory access also to servers outside the country where the discrimination is performed).

If the restriction is applied by ISPs from a client's country, then the restriction can be bypassed even with connections to servers in that country, because datacenters are not subject to forced censorship as home ISPs are.

Kind regards

Oh I see.. Thanks alot for your concise reply =D

I am planning to sign up for your VPN soon, but I am just worried the servers are all very far from where I reside at.. potentially causing slow speeds ? =/

Oh I see.. Thanks alot for your concise reply =D

I am planning to sign up for your VPN soon, but I am just worried the servers are all very far from where I reside at.. potentially causing slow speeds ? =/

Hello!

Thank you for your choice.

Potentially yes. However it's not possible to make any precise prediction. Therefore, test the VPN extensively after your subscription and if you see that performance is too low remember to ask for a full refund within 3 days.

Kind regards