Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.32.230
Sign in to follow this  
hellosunshine

Port forwarding not working most of the time

Hello,

I noticed that recently my two forwarded ports no longer work after an IP address change - which happens about once or twice per day (from 10.5.0.something to 10.5.0.something-else). Sometimes after that it _is_ working for no apparent reason. But most of the time it isn't and I haven't figured out a pattern to make it work.

Things that don't work:

-Removing and re-adding the port in the "My forwarded ports" page.

-Manual release/renew of the IP address.

-Reconnecting via VPN client (disconnect/connect).

Since the setup on my side hasn't changed I'm thinking something on the VPN server is causing the ports to be blocked.

Could you look into that please?

Thanks!

Hello!

Thank you for the extensive report. We are looking into the issue. Please do not hesitate to report to us each time the problem occurs. Please specify always which server you're connected to and try to remain connected after you send the report: this may significantly help us discover whether there's some vicious/hidden bug in the port forwarding system, because we don't keep logs and the port forwarding system is completely dynamic, so when your client disconnects the forwarding rules in the relevant table are deleted.

Kind regards

Everything working fine here. Only remember a few times when it didn't seem to work, but a simple reconnect seemed to fix it.