Not connected, Your IP: 3.23.101.60
Sign in to follow this  
methodical_77

Google phone and Comodo

I have been enjoying AIRVPN for a while now.

Today I tried to make a call using google phone while connected to AIRVPN.

The call box says "download the voice plugin".

I have it downloaded and running already.

This is most likely a comodo problem but I learned about comodo and how to set it up here.

As one of the admins kindly instructed, I made a network connection rule to block TCP and UDP, In/Out and exclude IPv4 Address Range Start 10.4.0.0 End 10.9.255.255. I have this set up on several applications so that connections will be cut off or prevented when not connected to AIRVPN.

When I turn off comodo, the phone service works fine. What have I done wrong?

I have submit this message several times and for whatever reason it doesn't show up in "my topics" or the forum. Apologies if I'm the only one not seeing it.

---

I have comodo set up so that applications won't connect unless AIRVPN is up.

As instructed on one of the threads, I have a network control rule to block TCP or UDP in/out and exclude IPv4 range 10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255.

When comodo is running I get a message to "download the voice plugin".

When I turn off comodo, the phone works fine since I already have the plugin.

Any suggestions?

I have been enjoying AIRVPN for a while now.

Today I tried to make a call using google phone while connected to AIRVPN.

The call box says "download the voice plugin".

I have it downloaded and running already.

This is most likely a comodo problem but I learned about comodo and how to set it up here.

As one of the admins kindly instructed, I made a network connection rule to block TCP and UDP, In/Out and exclude IPv4 Address Range Start 10.4.0.0 End 10.9.255.255. I have this set up on several applications so that connections will be cut off or prevented when not connected to AIRVPN.

When I turn off comodo, the phone service works fine. What have I done wrong?

Hello!

Please change "Direction" in the rule to "Out" only.

"In/Out" will block any incoming packet for the application not coming from 10.4.0.0->10.9.255.255, effectively blocking any chance for the application to receive any packet.

Kind regards

I have submit this message several times and for whatever reason it doesn't show up in "my topics" or the forum. Apologies if I'm the only one not seeing it.

---

Hello!

Don't worry, it's not your or your browser problem. Currently the forum messages need to be approved by a moderator to show up. We took this decision to fight spam.

Kind regards

re: browser problem

I realized after one of my later submissions that there was a message saying that mine had to be approved by a moderator. The white letters made it hard for me to see on my high-glare screen. My most recent response did not generate that message. Did it submit properly or do all posts go for moderator approval regardless of whether that message shows up?

Also, regardless of whether I have comodo on or off, when I click "add file" for attachments, a window pops up and I choose the file I want. However, it doesn't show up in the white box.

This adds to the confusion of whether it has successfully attached. Do I have a browser setting adjusted incorrectly or is this how it works for everyone?

Hello!

The file attachments are uploaded when you click "Submit", after you have completed your post. You can be sure you have attached a file when you have picked it from the requester which should appear when you click on the attach option. Your attachment was successful and we could see it (did you read the answer?).

When the forum is in "moderated" mode, all the messages must be approved to show up.

Kind regards

I still can't seem to get the attachments to work but I see that my first response never made it. Here it is again.

---

I tried the suggestion to change the direction to "out" as seen in my "try2" screen cap.

It still has the same problem.

Just to see what it would do, I set the rule for IE to "ask" instead of "block". "ask.jpg" enclosed popped up. I've included it not knowing if it helps at all.

Realizing that I should probably create another thread for this, what is this actually doing? Let's imagine that I'm using a torrent client that has the same rule mentioned earlier with the setting blocking both "in/out". Why would my imaginary client be showing normal uploading and downloading operations if I have only set to exclude an IP range in the source address tab? Shouldn't comodo be stopping either the in or the out?

I'm fully aware that these are probably some of the most novice questions but I appreciate the help. It would also be great if anyone had any suggestions as to where to start reading / getting information on how to understand computer networking and infrastructure better. I don't even know what an IPv4 address is or how it differs from IPv6. The wikipedia page kind of helps, but trying to put everything together and figure out why it matters is slow going. I can appreciate the idea behind services like AIRVPN and Comodo but my understanding is very shallow.

Thanks in advance.

I still can't seem to get the attachments to work but I see that my first response never made it. Here it is again.

---

I tried the suggestion to change the direction to "out" as seen in my "try2" screen cap.

It still has the same problem.

Just to see what it would do, I set the rule for IE to "ask" instead of "block". "ask.jpg" enclosed popped up. I've included it not knowing if it helps at all.

Hello!

It was understood that you were talking about a different application pertaining to VoIP.

Realizing that I should probably create another thread for this, what is this actually doing? Let's imagine that I'm using a torrent client that has the same rule mentioned earlier with the setting blocking both "in/out". Why would my imaginary client be showing normal uploading and downloading operations if I have only set to exclude an IP range in the source address tab? Shouldn't comodo be stopping either the in or the out?

No, it must stop only packets "out" NOT coming from 10.4.0.0->10.9.255.255. Your service (torrent client etc.) must be able to receive packets from any IP address. If you reject/drop packets in, you prevent your service to receive ANY packet, because the range 10.4.0.0->10.9.255.255 is the range of the virtual private network.

I'm fully aware that these are probably some of the most novice questions but I appreciate the help. It would also be great if anyone had any suggestions as to where to start reading / getting information on how to understand computer networking and infrastructure better. I don't even know what an IPv4 address is or how it differs from IPv6. The wikipedia page kind of helps, but trying to put everything together and figure out why it matters is slow going. I can appreciate the idea behind services like AIRVPN and Comodo but my understanding is very shallow.

Thanks in advance.

Don't worry, you don't need to be a network expert to use AirVPN. Anyway, reading the Comodo manual can really help.

Please follow this tutorial in order to prevent leaks with Comodo without setting up rules for each application:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3405&Itemid=142

Kind regards