Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.196.211
Sign in to follow this  
itsmeprivately

Strange "Upload"-speeds in VPNclient???

For me, sometimes the AirVPN connection drops, and I cannot connect to any website. At this time, the AirVPN client does not say "disconnected" or "re-connecting" yet. It would say this a couple of minutes later, but not right away.

During these few minutes before the complete loss of connection (= until the client says "re-connecting"), the AirVPNclient window shows an unbelievably super-high "Upload" speed, in the order of 30MB/s (impossible with my connection). Also it shows a very significant Upload-data-transfer that should not be real, since I am NOT uploading any data to the internet at that time at all. In fact, I cannot connect to any website, and a few minutes later, the client will report by itself that the connection has been dropped and that it is re-connecting.

My question: What does that unexpected super-high "Upload" speed mean? Is this normal, or is someone sucking my PC dry?

I have attached a picture of the AirVPN client at these times. Thanks for any information about this.

Hello!

Thank you! It might be a client glitch or bug. We'll pass the information to the Air client programmer.

Kind regards

It's possible that it occurs at other times, too. But I usually only checked the AirVPN-Client window when there was a connection problem, and so far, I noticed this "super-high upload speed" only when the connection did actually not work (not able to connect to any website anymore, but the connection problem was so recent that the AirVPNclient window was still up and showed updated traffic info).

A few minutes later, AirVPNclient would then drop the connection and try to reconnect. But during these few minutes, I'm quite worried that there might be someone sucking my computer dry with these high upload speeds (even though I myself did NOT upload anything)....

A few minutes later, AirVPNclient would then drop the connection and try to reconnect. But during these few minutes, I'm quite worried that there might be someone sucking my computer dry with these high upload speeds (even though I myself did NOT upload anything)....

Hello!

In order to verify that, you might like to monitor the in/out traffic through the Comodo firewall "Show active connections" window or, even better, with Wireshark.

http://www.wireshark.org

Kind regards