Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.152.162
Sign in to follow this  
methodical_77

[SOLVED] "Already connected."

I'm not sure what to do here.

I was happily connected and just surfing google news... nothing special.

One of the links didn't work and then all the other ones I tried didn't either.

AirVPN was disconnected.

Whenever I get the "Already connected." error message, I reboot and that seems to fix it.

Not this time though.

The log is below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM AirVPN client version: 1.7

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM Reading options from C:\Users\D\AppData\Roaming\AirVPN\Air\1.0.0.0\AirVPN.xml

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM OpenVPN bundle version: OpenVPN 2.2.2

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM OpenVPN current version: OpenVPN 2.2.2

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM Ready.

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM Login...

9/14/2012 - 8:50 PM Already connected.

9/14/2012 - 8:52 PM Login...

9/14/2012 - 8:52 PM Already connected.

9/14/2012 - 8:55 PM Login...

9/14/2012 - 8:55 PM Already connected.

Same here for Castor.

Paolo, why don't you change the base settings to have it set so that if the same IP address tries to reconnected to AirVPN, AirVPN will automatically kick off the currently connected session (assuming there has been no data received form it for at least 5 minutes or so). This could alleviate this pesky issue.

Edit: Or if an automatic solution is too risky (however, I'm only talking about going automatic if the IPs match up), perhaps an additional 'override' password we can create in the AirVPN.org admin interface? If you got disconnected somehow and try to log on, you will receive the 'Already Connected' message but will have an option to terminate the current session. Clicking the Terminate button will prompt for the Override password and viola, connected.

I too am having these issues right now.

After reading the forums it seems one thing is obvious.

This is an ongoing issue for many customers, and providing

repeated technical explanations (or excuses) about why it isn't

working, or about what the user might be doing to in some way

cause the issue, is not good customer service.

At the end of the day your paying customers just want a robust,

reliable service that doesn't cut out for no apparent reason, which

it often does, and which then lets the user reconnect without all

this hassle.

So just fix it, already!

Just canceled service after 24 hours. Already having connection problems for hours with no support or resolution. Pity, this service came so highly recommended. After careful, lengthy exhaustive research, Ive decided to go with https://www.privateinternetaccess.com. Sorry AirVPN, you had my business but just lost it. Get your act together and maybe ill come back in a few months if I'm not satisfied with https://www.privateinternetaccess.com.

Funny, I just left them for this for the same reason and now it's happening here. Out of the frying pan into the fire i guess. If Air can get their act together before the month is out I'll stick around for awhile. The speed is a lot faster than PIA but daily outages like this are unacceptable.

Yep, I'm having the same problem. This has happened a couple of times before where not even a system reboot clears the mistake. The problem has always been AirVPN's service and has corrected itself whenever they fix it. The service is great 95% of the time, c'mon guys fix this damn problem already!

Funny, I just left them for this for the same reason and now it's happening here. Out of the frying pan into the fire i guess. If Air can get their act together before the month is out I'll stick around for awhile. The speed is a lot faster than PIA but daily outages like this are unacceptable.

I have a subscription from 15 months and this is the first "serious" outage.

Let's wait and i'm sure that they will fix it as soon as possible

This is the 4th time it's been down in the 2 weeks Ive been using it. At least when it does work it works pretty good, unlike PIA where you cant even buffer youtube.

I have not been able to connect on any computer with the Airvpn client. I am receiving the "Already Connected" error for more than 5 hours. My logs look the same as the OP. I have tried everything and different computers, but always the same error.

Now I tried to connect to the Airvpn web site and the page reads "Our Tubes Are Clogged". Usually Admin is right on these problems, but something major seems to be wrong. I see on here that many people can't connect to any servers and some of us are having the "Already Connected" error, which still means that we cannot connect at all. Has Airvpn had a DNS attack or been seized or shut down? Until now they have been very good with excellent Admin response.

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>

I have been trying to connect using the AirVPN client for 2 hours and have been getting the 'Already Connected' message as many of the previous posters have noted. I have tried conncting using OpenVPN after re-configuring the access without client using the generator in that section of the website. The status remained at 'connecting' for about 15 minutes then I disconnected.

It seem we can't connect to the servers with or without the AirVPN client so there must be a big problem (I too have seen the 'tubes are clogged' a couple of times). I have contacted the help desk about this and am awaiting an answer.

Hope this issue is resolved soon and will keep scanning the forum for any updates.

same here , and apparently they do have alot of problems lately exspecially with the random speed drops ive mentioned in my thread , admin tries to talk himself out of it by putting the blame on my isp , ive just talked to my isp they arent blocking any ports be it udp or tcp nor do they have traffic congestion lately , and theyre servers are far from loaded the IT rep assured me ,btw these guys arent lying thats not what they get paid to do nor would there be 5 million customers if it where otherwise , and im not the only person that uses a vpn , my isp is pro vpn , i asked them if they could change my wan ip , and they said it changes dynamically so its not the ip thats the problem either .

i truly hope air gets its shit together ive had an excellent experience all the time since ive signed up until about 2 weeks ago or so as yall know by now , dont let us down air i dont want to switch over to bolehvpn or mullvad just yet

p.s> i too am getting the random tubes are clogged notice here, perhaps ddos

same here , and apparently they do have alot of problems lately exspecially with the random speed drops ive mentioned in my thread ,

AirVPN hosts most (if not all) of their servers on Leaseweb, a huge hosting company that at least from my neck of the woods is not known for their super fast speeds and is known to host some less than favorable and shady sites BUT also has an EXTREMELY open internet policy that most web hosts would not adhere to.

Good News Everyone! (sorry, just couldn't resist the Futurama reference)

I have just successfully connected to the server (Orionis) using the AirVPN client. It seems the problem has been fixed (hopefully permanently). I suppose you must expect hiccups now and again - I still think AirVPN is the best and will stick with them.

Good News Everyone! (sorry, just couldn't resist the Futurama reference)

I have just successfully connected to the server (Orionis) using the AirVPN client. It seems the problem has been fixed (hopefully permanently). I suppose you must expect hiccups now and again - I still think AirVPN is the best and will stick with them.

Hello!

We have had a major problem in one of our backend servers. It did not affect already established client connections but it did prevent new connections for 5 hours. The problem has been now fixed. However, we're still working on the system, so please do not hesitate to contact us for any issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Hey there.

Jesus, everybody freaking out when the VPN is down for a few hours.

Think the "Already connected" issue has been fixed for some time now. Not been getting that at all lately. It used to happen when you would switch servers too fast I believe.

And about your account being banned... well, can't really imagine that, but maybe you abused them or spammed every thread or something like that.

Everything seems to be working fine now Connected to Tauri just fine.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly