Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.112.1
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous Writer

AirVPN Review

I am the author of a new privacy book. Having reviewed many VPNs on the Internet, I can state unequivocally that AirVpn is in the top tier of VPN services, arguably the best VPN service overall.

There are many good things that can be written about AirVPN.

But it is the little things that impress the most.

AirVPN is one of the few anonymization services, for example, that is not vulnerable to the BEAST attack. This demonstrates that the AirVPN operators are serious about security.

Some suggestions:

Consider expanding the geographic reach of servers:

Switzerland

Luxembourg

Liechtenstein

Australia/New Zealand

France

Italy

Consider adopting XTS mode over CBC mode.

Consider adding more anonymous payments.

Very Important:

Many of the AirVPN servers fail proxy tests; they appear as “networking sharing devices,”

principally due to the WIMIA test.

Hello!

That's interesting that you're writing a book about VPNs! Would love to read it

Yeah, I agree with your review completely. Considering the price Air is doing a great job! One of the best things is the status page, so you can always pick the server with enough capacity left.

Would love to have another server in south germany near Stuttgart maybe :laugh:

I am the author of a new privacy book. Having reviewed many VPNs on the Internet, I can state unequivocally that AirVpn is in the top tier of VPN services, arguably the best VPN service overall.

Hello!

Thank you very much, we're very glad and proud of this review. We would love to read the whole book as well! Can you give us the coordinates to buy the book?

There are many good things that can be written about AirVPN.

But it is the little things that impress the most.

AirVPN is one of the few anonymization services, for example, that is not vulnerable to the BEAST attack. This demonstrates that the AirVPN operators are serious about security.

True, especially thanks to how OpenVPN works (if properly configured). Also, the different entry-IP and exit-IP addresses of each server prevent nasty correlation attacks against which even OpenVPN is powerless (it's not an OpenVPN fault, it's how the Internet works :) ).

Some suggestions:

Consider expanding the geographic reach of servers:

Switzerland

Luxembourg

Liechtenstein

Australia/New Zealand

France

Italy

You will see a constant infrastructure expansion on various countries, some of them included in your list. We are also preparing new services which will be available in the next weeks to help people connect in countries where OpenVPN connections are disrupted.

Consider adopting XTS mode over CBC mode.

Unfortunately OpenVPN does not support XTS. In the future we will evaluate a change of cypher-system, however this is a delicate operation because it will force our clients to re-download configuration files. DD-WRT users might be forced to re-flash their router with new firmwares which implement latest OpenVPN versions. Currently AES-256-CBC, RSA 2048 bit key, double certificate authentication and TLS renegotiation provide a higher-than-military degree of security on the cypher-system side, without an excessive computational burden on older CPUs.

Very Important:

Many of the AirVPN servers fail proxy tests; they appear as “networking sharing devices,”

principally due to the WIMIA test.

It's true that our servers are (also) networking sharing devices. Sharing a device is a necessary prerequisite to keep a strong anonymity layer.

The WIMIA test software is closed and undocumented. Currently, experts suggest that WIMIA maintainers also add IP addresses and IP ranges from dedicated servers providers on their database. Therefore there's no way to fool a WIMIA test if any person sends them one of our servers exit-IP addresses (they also have a form that can be used by snitches). This may become a problem if more and more web administrators will bar access from VPNs using WIMIA, however the more privacy awareness (as well as usage of NATs from ISPs) spread, the more this problem will heap only on those websites.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

The Privacy Book may be purchased at www.sovereignpress.net

There are payment buttons on the page including PayPal, Pecunix, Liberty Reserve, and Bitcoins.

For all those who are suffering from VPN leaks, the book has the easiest and most secure configuration to implement possible.

There are payment buttons on the page including PayPal, Pecunix, Liberty Reserve, and Bitcoins.

For all those who are suffering from VPN leaks, the book has the easiest and most secure configuration to implement possible.

Hello!

We just bought the book and we're looking forward to reading it! :)

Kind regards

Hi!

Can you, dear Admin, please tell us how you liked the book and if you would recommend it? The price (30$) seems a bit high for an ebook and I want it to be worth it.

Thanks

I don't see the price in paypal? Why?

It is a new website and I suspect in the process of adding and subtracting, something went amiss by accident.

All is well.

Thank you.

Hi!

Can you, dear Admin, please tell us how you liked the book and if you would recommend it? The price (30$) seems a bit high for an ebook and I want it to be worth it.

Thanks

Everyone who purchases the book is entitled to free support. Information is priceless.

Hello!

We just bought the book and we're looking forward to reading it!

Kind regards

Thank you.