Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.175.180
YLwpLUbcf77U

ANSWERED AirVPN "dissapears" after hibernation

I've noticed these last few days after my computer comes out of hibernation, the AirVPN icon is gone from my system tray.

However, both AirVPN and OpenVPN are still open according to the task manager and I am still on the VPN (tested with dnsleaktest.com).

Any idea what causes the program to disappear post hibernation resumption?

I'm on Win7 64.

I've noticed these last few days after my computer comes out of hibernation, the AirVPN icon is gone from my system tray.

However, both AirVPN and OpenVPN are still open according to the task manager and I am still on the VPN (tested with dnsleaktest.com).

Any idea what causes the program to disappear post hibernation resumption?

I'm on Win7 64.

Hello!

Hibernation will cause every and each connection to be lost, of course. When your computer comes up from an hibernation, OpenVPN will immediately try a reconnection. The missing Air dock icon is an issue we are going to check (currently we are unable to reproduce it on a Windows 7 64 bit system) and we'll transmit the information to the Air client programmer. Can you please tell us your Windows version?

Kind regards

I'm on whatever the latest most recently updated version of Windows 7 64 Professional there is.

Lenovo Thinkpad T500.

I notice this is an intermittent problem that comes and goes. For example, I just woke my PC up from hibernation before posting this and the AirVPN icon was visible.

For the time being, I'll just make sure to NOT have AirVPN minimized to the system tray before hibernation.

Edit: One suggestion I would convey to the programmer is to only limit one instance of AirVPN to be open at a time. As of right now, If I click on AirVPN.exe while a connection is already open, another fresh instance of AirVPN will open. Simply restricting it to one instance at a time would be a quick and easy band-aid solution IMO.

Yes, i have the same problem on my desktop. Latest win7 64bit. It won't go into the system tray at all here, just disappears.

Three years later and the issue persists. The program loses its connection and the icon dissappears after hibernation. Opens a new instance when starting AirVPN.exe, but can't connect because "aleady running".

The program shows in Task Manager under "Processes", but not under "Applications". If you end the processes "AirVPN" and "OpenVPN" and restart the program, you STILL CANNOT connect because it says there is still a connection running.

The only "solution" ist to restart the computer. A fix would be highly appreciated.

Using Windows 7 64bit.