Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.21.5
Sign in to follow this  
greenie

[SOLVED] Time outs and "invalid VPN secrets"

Hello,

up to now I've been using the Swedish- and NL servers without problems. But as of today, I only recieved time outs when trying to connect (on Ubuntu, using UDP/443 as recommended in the "access without our client"-section). I created other config files for a German and the two UK-servers, but when I used them, the Network-Manager gave me an "invalid VPN secrets" error, thus no connection.

I saw that the format (filename-wise at least) of the files have changed. Could there be an error in the files or what could cause that problem? Tia.

Update: I just created new files for the Sweden-server using TCP and UDP respectively and with these two new configuration files I get the "invalid VPN secrets" as well. So there seems to be a problem with the file-creation.

Hello,

up to now I've been using the Swedish- and NL servers without problems. But as of today, I only recieved time outs when trying to connect (on Ubuntu, using UDP/443 as recommended in the "access without our client"-section). I created other config files for a German and the two UK-servers, but when I used them, the Network-Manager gave me an "invalid VPN secrets" error, thus no connection.

I saw that the format (filename-wise at least) of the files have changed. Could there be an error in the files or what could cause that problem? Tia.

Update: I just created new files for the Sweden-server using TCP and UDP respectively and with these two new configuration files I get the "invalid VPN secrets" as well. So there seems to be a problem with the file-creation.

Hello!

We don't detect any problem with the configuration generator. Can you please send us the logs of your client?

Kind regards

For some strange reason today the VPN worked again (at least the Swedish server which I tried). I haven't changed anything in my system, haven't even rebooted, so I have no clue what the problem was. I'll keep an eye on it and send another message, should the problems reappear. Thanks.

For some strange reason today the VPN worked again (at least the Swedish server which I tried). I haven't changed anything in my system, haven't even rebooted, so I have no clue what the problem was. I'll keep an eye on it and send another message, should the problems reappear. Thanks.

Hello!

We didn't change anything on Serpentis (the SE server) as well... very odd, anyway we're very glad to know that the problem is solved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if the problem occurs again.

Kind regards