Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.173.227
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available: Serpentis

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in Sweden is available: Serpentis.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificate/key generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client").

The server accepts connections on port 53, 80 and 443 UDP and TCP.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Please note that this server replaces Draconis https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3518&Itemid=142

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN admins

Hi,

Just tried a test connection to Serpentis. Connected fine. However something struck me.

Normally connecting to a new server causes Comodo to display a popup notifying the creation of a new network zone - (I have a network zone for each server I have connected to). However this is not the case for Serpentis - it seems to be piggybacking on an existing network zone. Just wanted to make sure this is correct.

Thanks

Hi,

Just tried a test connection to Serpentis. Connected fine. However something struck me.

Normally connecting to a new server causes Comodo to display a popup notifying the creation of a new network zone - (I have a network zone for each server I have connected to). However this is not the case for Serpentis - it seems to be piggybacking on an existing network zone. Just wanted to make sure this is correct.

Thanks

Hello!

Absolutely normal. Comodo will not define new network zones if an IP address already belongs to a network zone. Ideally, you might have one single network zone for the VPN, with IP range [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] if you don't want Comodo defines a new network zone for each VPN IP address which is found outside previous network zones. In this way you can keep your Comodo network zones much cleaner, but pay attention if you connect to another network in the same network zone, you might not want the same behavior you have for AirVPN, especially if you are in a public hot-spot subnet.

This happens and it's totally normal because our network zone, for each port, have a 255.255.0.0 mask, therefore allowing 65534 different possible IP addresses for clients on each port, while Comodo can't know it, and defines a new zone with a netmask 255.255.255.252. So if your device is DHCP-assigned an IP, say, 10.4.0.45, and the next time (on the same 443 UDP) port) the assigned IP is, for example, 10.4.1.100, Comodo will define a new zone for it, while if you are assigned, say, 10.4.0.46, Comodo has already that network zone defined, no need to create a new one.

See also https://airvpn.org/specs

Kind regards