Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.77.71
Sign in to follow this  
baileybaboy

AirVPN Disconnect Issue

I left AirVPN logged in and went to bed. UTorrent was also on. When I checked the following morning, AirVPN had disconnected and was trying to reconnect. the UTorrent was still connected, but now downloading using my real current IP. I don't know how long that had gone on like that. Is there a way to have AirVPN terminate any DL's or UL's from continuing if AirVPN disengages?

I left AirVPN logged in and went to bed. UTorrent was also on. When I checked the following morning, AirVPN had disconnected and was trying to reconnect. the UTorrent was still connected, but now downloading using my real current IP. I don't know how long that had gone on like that. Is there a way to have AirVPN terminate any DL's or UL's from continuing if AirVPN disengages?

Hello!

Of course! It's a very simple task which will take you few minutes. You need a firewall.

Instructions for Windows (with Comodo), *BSD (including MacOSX, with either pf or ipfw) and Linux (with iptables) are here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&Itemid=142

Further instructions for Windows & Comodo are here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=3405&Itemid=142

Kind regards

Would be even better if the reconnect actually worked

Whenever I disconnect, I have to wait a few minutes, then manually reconnect with the openVPN gui. Had a few disconnects the last few days... or the connection was established (apparently), but nothing actually was being transferred..... 0 incoming/outgoing traffic. Maybe this VPN stuff is still a bit buggy? Having to manually set the firewall rules is also a bit difficult...couldn't manage it with Norton yet.

Would be even better if the reconnect actually worked :(

Whenever I disconnect, I have to wait a few minutes, then manually reconnect with the openVPN gui. Had a few disconnects the last few days... or the connection was established (apparently), but nothing actually was being transferred..... 0 incoming/outgoing traffic. Maybe this VPN stuff is still a bit buggy? Having to manually set the firewall rules is also a bit difficult...couldn't manage it with Norton yet.

Hello!

Would you like to try Orionis or Leonis? If it's a server side problem, you should have no more issues when connected to those servers. They feature a new implementation which according to our tests solve the remaining AUTH_FAILED issues. You can try to connect/reconnect with intervals of few seconds. Feel free to let us know the results.

Kind regards

That sounds awesome! Was only using Castor when experiencing the problems.... Thanks a lot! Hope it works with them

I have a similar disconnect issue. This is what I managed to find in the logs (this small segment just repeats over and over again as the client fails to connect). I have not tested all servers yet.

I'm using the AirVPN gui 1.7 on win7 64 bit.

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Restart pause, 2 second(s)

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM LZO compression initialized

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:138 EF:38 EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Socket Buffers: R=[8192->8192] S=[8192->8192]

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Data Channel MTU parms [ L:1558 D:1450 EF:58 EB:135 ET:0 EL:0 AF:3/1 ]

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Local Options hash (VER=V4): '22188c5b'

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM Expected Remote Options hash (VER=V4): 'a8f55717'

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM UDPv4 link local: [undef]

8/18/2012 - 12:49 AM UDPv4 link remote: [vpn ip here]

8/18/2012 - 12:50 AM TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

8/18/2012 - 12:50 AM TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

8/18/2012 - 12:50 AM TCP/UDP: Closing socket

8/18/2012 - 12:50 AM SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

8/18/2012 - 12:50 AM Restart pause, 2 second(s)