Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.170.17

Have used AirVPN and qBittorrent together for  the 3-4yrs I have been a subscriber without any real problems. The last 7-10 days I have experienced nothing but. I'd start Air and visit TPB and download a tv episode for example it would start qBittorrent and begin to download then I would click on the next page in TBP and everything would freeze, the torrent would either go really slow or stop all together. I would exit all restart Air on a different server start qBit and sometimes it finished sometimes it froze up again. I checked my settings and visited the qBittorrent forums and here but found nothing other than some threads on slow downloads. I had also noticed that for a while now when I am using AirVPN I would intermittently get a yellow flag on the Network icon on my Windows 10 PC saying network offline but it wasn't and as long as it was working I never really bothered about it.

Anyway to cut a long story short I had received a Win10 update a week or so ago so decided to check out the settings etc. After a while I clicked on the "Allow an app or program in the Windows Firewall" option and found that the entries for both qBittorrent and AirVPN had mysteriously disappeared. I added them again and today and yesterday everything is back to working as it was, so hopefully problem solved. Adding qBittorrent was a simple one click but adding Air I found that I could only add entries from inside the folder so added the two Air entries, the openVPN and tap adapter ones but previously I only had a single entry for AirVPN so not sure how to do that but main thing is it is working again. Just a heads up really to notify other users. Unsure if this was caused by MSN's tendency to think it knows more about what we should or should not do on "our" PC's or what. Any opinions received with gratitude.

Hello!

Anyway to cut a long story short I had received a Win10 update a week or so ago so(...)

Many good IT horror stories start precisely like this :D.

It would be good if:

• You check you're using the latest AirVPN and qBittorent clients.
  • Check ipleak.net and also download the testtorrent to check for any leaks.

Any opinions received with gratitude.

Use an OS which doesn't force you to do things you don't want to. Then you can always dual-boot with Windows or run it in a VM when it's needed.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.