Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.187.11
Sign in to follow this  

Considerations on Eddie Android

I've found the same issue. I've extensively tested both OpenVPN for Android and Eddie for Android and it appears that OpenVPN for Android wins out as far as ease of use and reliability are concerned for the time being.

Using OpenVPN for Android, I can turn off my network connection and know that if I reconnect it will kick in and connect very quickly. The only exception is when using mobile networks where you need to manually toggle the setting "block connections" in Android (since Android won't "see" the mobile network connection).

However, after disabling, connecting to mobile network and reenabling "block connections" OpenVPN for Android instantly connects and has the tunnel up and running in seconds.

I've found the experience to be highly pleasant and extremely consistent and (personally for me) less frustrating.

Eddie is great, don't get me wrong, but I can use OpenVPN for Android without ever having to open the application itself (very rarely, unless I am changing settings or nodes), and it keeps out of the way and 'just works'.

I envision a future where Eddie provides the same fluidity, I guess over time it will get better .

I've found the same issue. I've extensively tested both OpenVPN for Android and Eddie for Android and it appears that OpenVPN for Android wins out as far as ease of use and reliability are concerned for the time being.

Using OpenVPN for Android, I can turn off my network connection and know that if I reconnect it will kick in and connect very quickly.

Hello!

This is exactly what Eddie does. Your problem is treated in another thread and is not reproducible so far. Moreover your problem is unrelated to this thread. Please do not pollute threads and help us keep them clear and in good order. A split is mandatory.

EDIT: thread has been split for consistency.

Kind regards

Using OpenVPN for Android, I can turn off my network connection and know that if I reconnect it will kick in and connect very quickly.

Hello!

This is exactly what Eddie does. Your problem is treated in another thread and is not reproducible so far. Moreover your problem is unrelated to this thread. Please do not pollute threads and help us keep them clear and in good order. A split is mandatory.

EDIT: thread has been split for consistency.

Kind regards

Apologies, I also have the same problem, Eddie doesn't reconnect automatically under certain circumstances, including those shared in the other thread, as well as not connecting after I've lost internet connection and it's later restored.

If there's anything I can provide to help further let me know .