Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.28
hdloader11

German Servers are recently "suspicious" everywhere

I have been using airvpn for a few years now, and I'm pretty happy with the service I'm getting. However recently whenever I use some of the servers from Germany/Netherlands and sometimes Switzerland, all the sites get very suspicious. Especially sometimes google asks me to complete a captcha to search something, and I have to change my server to some other one if I don't want to solve a captcha every time when making a search. I also tend to get flagged by captcha on other websites very frequently as well, while I almost never get captcha requests when not using the VPN.

I believe it's a recent problem, let's say for the last 6~ months, that I'm getting these issues. Here I'm listing some of the known offenders in which I always get too many captcha and sometimes outright blocked :

For Netherlands

Hassaleh

For Germany

Mesarthim

Intercrus

Veritate

Tucana

Serpens

Errai

For Switzerland

Kitalpha

Most of these problems stem from the German servers, which are the ones I use the most due to lower ping and higher download speed. I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar problems to mine where they get a lot of captcha requests and blocked from websites?

Well, the easiest way to tell is if you provide as much info as you're comfortable with (such as browser user agent, OS etc) and the websites where you're seeing the captcha.

If possible, try to make as easy to reproduce case as possible. Others can then test those servers under as ideal conditions as possible to identify if it is the servers or just you.

There are too many variables involved to simply make a judgement either way. For example, I've never seen a captcha whilst using the VPN, however in the past other providers (PIA) were awful and got a captcha for every site using Cloudflare (which is not so nice).

Maybe those servers are used by too many people. Some websites consider IPs suspicious if they receive too many requests from them.

I also read that some people run Tor nodes behind AirVPN servers. Many sites consider them suspicious as well.

For what it's worth, I've been getting "406 not acceptable" errors and connections just refused from some sites for maybe the last two years when using the Dutch servers. It was some time since I checked, but as I remember it (one or more) exit servers have gotten on some blacklist flagged as Tor exit nodes. It's annoying but not annoying enough to actually do something about it.

Sorry, don't have any examples to post off the top of my head.

yeah, it seems to be getting worse and worse.

i don't know, but maybe AirVPN should do something about it, give those people who run tor over air some extra servers.. i don't know

all the server NL+DE are always under somewhat heavy load and latency goes UP a lot, but it could also be that their load-balancing is not really working correctly.

but i don't really know, the problems could be non-problems and just perceived as such, or there really could be something like that Tor problem, that is ruining the use of AirVPN for i guess a lot more people than just those here in this thread.

but like i said, i don't really know.

but i do know, that there are seemingly more and more problems.

“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”

oh and the connection, no matter if it's on a fresh or an old system(OS), seem to pause a lot.

also, a lot of time the connection is resuming and sometimes it's closing it and i have to connect to another server :/

with pausing the internet connection, i mean that there is no download, stream and no web-browsing for 1-2 seconds possible.  :/

i never had any problems like this, but it's now  2+ month since it started :/

edit: ok, i will open a ticket when it starts to get on my nerves again.

“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”

oh and the connection, no matter if it's on a fresh or an old system(OS), seem to pause a lot.

also, a lot of time the connection is resuming and sometimes it's closing it and i have to connect to another server :/

with pausing the internet connection, i mean that there is no download, stream and no web-browsing for 1-2 seconds possible.  :/

i never had any problems like this, but it's now  2+ month since it started

Hello!

Lot of different problems mixed in this thread. At least a part of them, like the ones in above quote, should be definitely on your side, so the best way to proceed is opening a ticket.

Kind regards