Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.196.38
Sign in to follow this  
newusername

"sometimes anonymity"

Hey there,

Noobie question:

I'm trying to achieve "sometimes anonymity" from AirVPN. If I understand correctly, I can use Tor during registration & pay with Bitcoins. And I can subsequently use AirVPN by connecting through Tor first, and configure the AirVPN client to use the Tor connection.

My question: does this mean I always have to do this? If after doing the above, I subsequently connect to AirVPN without using Tor, is there a username/password login setup in the client, or some other identifying mechanism, which could theoretically be used to connect the two identities?

Another question: what about the reverse? Can I reveal my identity to AirVPN during signup, and subsequently connect through Tor without correlating the identities?

Thanks!

Hey there,

Noobie question:

I'm trying to achieve "sometimes anonymity" from AirVPN. If I understand correctly, I can use Tor during registration & pay with Bitcoins. And I can subsequently use AirVPN by connecting through Tor first, and configure the AirVPN client to use the Tor connection.

My question: does this mean I always have to do this? If after doing the above, I subsequently connect to AirVPN without using Tor, is there a username/password login setup in the client, or some other identifying mechanism, which could theoretically be used to connect the two identities?

Another question: what about the reverse? Can I reveal my identity to AirVPN during signup, and subsequently connect through Tor without correlating the identities?

Thanks!

Hello!

Air over TOR is specifically useful when you want to hide your real IP address to our server even WHILE you are connected.

You might like to read here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=54&limit=6&limitstart=6&Itemid=142#1745

Kind regards

Got it, but will I always have to do this, or can I do it only at the times where I want anonymity from your servers?

In other words, if an existing client, whose IP address you know, uses Tor to gain anonymity from your server for a particular session, can't you still figure out who it is based on the login info, and the prior IP addresses associated with that login info?

The reason I don't want to use Tor all the time is for bittorrent, and I'm trying to figure out if I need two separate accounts if I want anonymity as well.

You can choose to use Air over TOR whenever you want. Or you can just use Air...or just use TOR. You have to change the proxy to SOCKS in the Air preferences and connect to TOR first. Then connect to Air like normal. The client will show your TOR ip on the left and your current ip through Air on the right. I don't know about the whole go back and look at your previous IP thing.

>> I don't know about the whole go back and look at your previous IP thing

OK thanks - so here's what I think the answer is....

a) You only need 1 account if you

- sometimes want to use Air over Tor in order to hide traffic from the Tor exit node

- sometimes use Air without Tor in order to use bittorrent

You need 2 separate accounts if you

- sometimes want to maintain anonymity from Air

- sometimes use Air without Tor in order to use bittorrent

If I got it wrong, please advise.

Thanks!

In other words, if an existing client, whose IP address you know, uses Tor to gain anonymity from your server for a particular session, can't you still figure out who it is based on the login info, and the prior IP addresses associated with that login info?

Hello!

No, we can't, because we don't keep logs.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards