Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.62.124
Sign in to follow this  
shyhonestjosh

How to use AirVPN for utorrent for Dummies

First day using this thing...and I feel like an Idiot..are there any instructions for Dummies? and I'm not kidding....urgh

I do speed tests and a get between 1 to 1.6 mbps/s

but i do not reach more than 60kbps/s on utorrent and so far less than that it fight between 20 and 60 kbps

not sure what i'm doing what I need to do the the airvpn client...or utorrent

I've been reading many post here and the FAQ but the issue for me I do not understand anything any of the tech terms...I'm lost is beyone funny...

so can anyone help me I really need one of those For Dummies book for this stuff here.

thanking you in advance...

First day using this thing...and I feel like an Idiot..are there any instructions for Dummies? and I'm not kidding....urgh

I do speed tests and a get between 1 to 1.6 mbps/s

but i do not reach more than 60kbps/s on utorrent and so far less than that it fight between 20 and 60 kbps

not sure what i'm doing what I need to do the the airvpn client...or utorrent

I've been reading many post here and the FAQ but the issue for me I do not understand anything any of the tech terms...I'm lost is beyone funny...

so can anyone help me I really need one of those For Dummies book for this stuff here.

thanking you in advance...

Hello!

First of all, with our client please try a connection on port 80 TCP or port 53 TCP, just in case your ISP caps bandwidth on some or all UDP ports. Just select the "Modes" tab and pick the appropriate port, then click "Enter".

Then, please make sure that your client listening port matches the port you have remotely forwarded on our system.

In order to forward a port on our system, log in our website and select menu "Member Area"->"Forwarded ports". Let the system pick a random port for you (TCP & UDP) and write down that port. Finally, configure your torrent client to listen to the very same port.

You don't need and you must not forward the same port on your router (security issues).

On the FAQ, you will find more detailed instructions:

https://airvpn.org/faq

Kind regards

Hi.. Once a random port has been picked what should i make the "local port?"  Should i just leave it blank?  

Thanks in advance.