Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.42.196
Sign in to follow this  
BeatTakeshi

Heavy uploads and downloads

I download and upload lots of data via utorrent.

Is there a specific server that I should use for heavey uploading and downloading so as not to disrupt the service for other users?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I download and upload lots of data via utorrent.

Is there a specific server that I should use for heavey uploading and downloading so as not to disrupt the service for other users?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello! Thank you for your inquiry.

We provide unlimited traffic on every server. Our real time servers monitor will help you pick the most suitable server for you:

https://airvpn.org/status

Kind regards

I always have the feeling, that especially my upload speed is very much reduced when using bittorrent. I've not really tested it properly though, but it seems like there is some sort of throttling.

Is there some truth to that or is it just because of the additional server the traffic goes through?

Thank you

I always have the feeling, that especially my upload speed is very much reduced when using bittorrent. I've not really tested it properly though, but it seems like there is some sort of throttling.

Is there some truth to that or is it just because of the additional server the traffic goes through?

Thank you

Hello!

We don't throttle traffic, absolutely not (no packet/port shaping, no monitoring, nothing at all), we're completely and totally "traffic agnostic", with the only exception (which is strictly necessary, otherwise the VPN might not survive) of the block on outbound port 25.

As a general suggestion, besides of course picking a low-load server, try to connect to TCP ports and make a comparison. Several ISPs around the world cap bandwidth on some or all UDP ports. It's worth a try.

Kind regards

Ah, thanks a lot, that's great to know.

I've also found that some p2p IP filters block lots of VPNs. When I run peerblock I actually can't connect to your service...it is blocked as "leaseWeb"...which I don't really understand.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy with AirVPN so far and will probably prolong my subscription.

So far you are the only provider that allows online gaming and streaming without much problems. My normal ping is about 20ms, when using your service it's only 34ms and usually very stable too.

Thanks for offering such a fast and reliable service.

Ah, thanks a lot, that's great to know.

I've also found that some p2p IP filters block lots of VPNs. When I run peerblock I actually can't connect to your service...it is blocked as "leaseWeb"...which I don't really understand.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy with AirVPN so far and will probably prolong my subscription.

So far you are the only provider that allows online gaming and streaming without much problems. My normal ping is about 20ms, when using your service it's only 34ms and usually very stable too.

Thanks for offering such a fast and reliable service.

Hello!

We have several servers with Leaseweb, we are quite happy with their service and their policy and they really deliver what they promise (as you can see from the performance you get). From what you say, Peerblock blocks the IP ranges from Leaseweb. Regardless of the pertinence and the reasons of this choice, you don't need to use Peerblock when you're connected to the VPN.

Kind regards