Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.83.150
Sign in to follow this  
Rullskidan

AirVPN over Tor on Ubuntu in Virtualbox

How do I set this up? Is there anything special to consider?

Where should i install Tor Browser bundle and Open VPN with the Air Vpn client? In host or guest OS?

First start Tor Browser Bundle and AirVpn client on host OS and then open Ubuntu in Virtualbox?

Or should I first open Ubuntu in Virtualbox and then do my connections?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a bit confused!

How do I set this up? Is there anything special to consider?

Where should i install Tor Browser bundle and Open VPN with the Air Vpn client? In host or guest OS?

First start Tor Browser Bundle and AirVpn client on host OS and then open Ubuntu in Virtualbox?

Or should I first open Ubuntu in Virtualbox and then do my connections?

Sorry for all the questions but I am a bit confused!

Hello!

First, please keep in mind that the Air client is for Windows only. For other OS, you can use OpenVPN directly or any OpenVPN GUI/wrapper.

You have at least two options.

1) Tunnel your host over Air over TOR and connect the guest(s) with the VirtualBox NAT (not bridged). In this case all the guests will be tunneled transparently IF they are connected with the VirtualBox NAT. You'll need to install OpenVPN and Tor Browser bundle in your host. Also, you'll need to forward ports in VirtualBox NAT to make your guest capable to use the remote port forwarding feature of our system. You'll just need one account.

2) Tunnel your guest over Air over TOR. In this case only the guest (regardless whether it is bridged or NATted) will be tunneled over Air over TOR, while the host will not be tunneled, not even over Air. You'll need to install OpenVPN and Tor Browser Bundle in each guest. Also, you'll need a different account for each guest which connect simultaneously.

Kind regards