Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.121.242
Sign in to follow this  
macca1102

Newbie needs help

Hey all.I'm getting some really terrible speeds.I'm using 443 UDP with my port forwarded as recommended for uttorent.I'm finding it hard to crack 100kb/s download.Initially my max download was 1Mb/s fluctuating then it all went to hell.Any suggestions.

Also what do the percentages next to the servers mean?

Hey all.I'm getting some really terrible speeds.I'm using 443 UDP with my port forwarded as recommended for uttorent.I'm finding it hard to crack 100kb/s download.Initially my max download was 1Mb/s fluctuating then it all went to hell.Any suggestions.

Hello!

More and more ISPs around the world disrespect Net Neutrality and deprioritize or shape packets on some or all UDP ports. Please try a connection to ports 443 TCP and 80 TCP to see whether the performance improves.

Also what do the percentages next to the servers mean?

They display the bandwidth being used by clients in that moment.

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply.I tried the TCP ports but not a lot a difference but Udp 53 seems to be going quite nicely now ,up to 800kb/s sometimes ,fluctuating.My top speed without a vpn is 1.2 Mb/s so I'm quite happy,yes broadband speed is crap in my country!!!

Also thanks for the heaps up on configuring comodo to block connections if not connected to the vpn.I followed the rule you posted in another thread and it seems to work great.

I don't suppose there is any way to get a more stable speed is there?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.I tried the TCP ports but not a lot a difference but Udp 53 seems to be going quite nicely now ,up to 800kb/s sometimes ,fluctuating.My top speed without a vpn is 1.2 Mb/s so I'm quite happy,yes broadband speed is crap in my country!!!

Also thanks for the heaps up on configuring comodo to block connections if not connected to the vpn.I followed the rule you posted in another thread and it seems to work great.

I don't suppose there is any way to get a more stable speed is there?

Thanks.

Hello!

Probably you've already performed all the necessary steps to obtain the best performance from our servers. Now you could concentrate on your system: with Comodo you can check whether some applications are intermittently devouring bandwidth without your knowledge.

Kind regards