Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.41.155
Sign in to follow this  
ddrohan

Cannot connect

Hello AirVPN Community,

I've just received confirmation that my payment for premium membership has been received. I have tried to use tunnelblick with both a socks and http config file, and all I get is:

2012-06-21 18:33:59 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1340325239,TCP_CONNECT,,,

2012-06-21 18:33:59 TCP: connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

I have no other proxies running, and MacOSX is set to auto-detect proxy settings. Can anyone help me understand how to make this work? Thanks!

Hello AirVPN Community,

I've just received confirmation that my payment for premium membership has been received. I have tried to use tunnelblick with both a socks and http config file, and all I get is:

2012-06-21 18:33:59 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1340325239,TCP_CONNECT,,,

2012-06-21 18:33:59 TCP: connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

I have no other proxies running, and MacOSX is set to auto-detect proxy settings. Can anyone help me understand how to make this work? Thanks!

Hello!

Your local proxy is refusing connection on port 8080. Can you please check it? It must listen and respond on port 8080. Also, the proxy type that OpenVPN is instructed to tunnel over must match your proxy type (OpenVPN supports both http and SOCKS proxies, but it needs to know in advance what type of proxy it must connect over).

Kind regards

Thank you for replying! I appologise for my ignorance, but what is my "local proxy"? I have looked through the tunnleblick app, and not found any port settings. Is this something on my router? Should i forward 8080 there? Or in my macbook network settings? Thanks!

Thank you for replying! I appologise for my ignorance, but what is my "local proxy"? I have looked through the tunnleblick app, and not found any port settings. Is this something on my router? Should i forward 8080 there? Or in my macbook network settings? Thanks!

Hello!

If you don't have a running local proxy, just set the proxy to "None" in the configuration generator, as by default.

Tunneling over VPN over a proxy is an OpenVPN feature that our client and our configuration generator support, but if you don't have a proxy you must not order OpenVPN to use a proxy.

Kind regards