Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.152.162
adamlevine

Cryptostorm HOW TO on TrueOS/FreeBSD?

Cryptostorm HOW TO on TrueOS/FreeBSD?

Hello all,

Previous happy Cryptostorm user, and new user of a TrueOS distro on a spare machine I have. I've used Cryptostorm on Win7, Ubuntu, Fedora, and Debian systems without difficulty so far. But I'm not certain how to go about doing it on TrueOS/FreeBSD desktop.

I've ensured openssl and openvpn are both installed, and everything else is up to date. But using "openvpn --config XYZ.ovpn" doesn't work like it did in my usual Linux distros. The error message is "Options error: --txqueuelen not supported on this OS".

This is probably not surprising, since I've heard FreeBSD is its own beast. But I'm not certain exactly how to go about getting Cryptostorm to work now. I tried searching the forum, but the closest I could find was a thread on pfSense, and I don't think that'll do me.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Since these are the AirVPN forums, I suggest you subscribe to a better VPN service than Cryptostorm for technical and moral reasons. Then go ahead and download Eddie, AirVPN's OpenVPN client.

Otherwise, removing this option from the config will do the trick, even if it's just a workaround.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.