Not connected, Your IP: 3.233.224.8
corrado

Alternative AirVPN client with provider-independent double-hop support (GNU/Linux)

$ qomui-gui

QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QomuiGui "Form", which already has a layout

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/qomui-gui", line 11, in <module>

load_entry_point('qomui==0.8.1', 'gui_scripts', 'qomui-gui')()

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 2743, in main

ex = QomuiGui()

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 147, in __init__

self.systemtray()

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 1112, in systemtray

self.pop_tray_menu()

File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 1123, in pop_tray_menu

self.visibility_action = QtWidgets.QAction()

TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:

QAction(QObject): not enough arguments

QAction(str, QObject): not enough arguments

QAction(QIcon, str, QObject): not enough arguments

$ pip list | grep PyQt5

/home/mint/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py:83: RequestsDependencyWarning: Old version of cryptography ([1, 2, 3]) may cause slowdown.

warnings.warn(warning, RequestsDependencyWarning)

I've run into the same (or similar) in that when I uninstalled qomui, the  /usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/ directory was still there. Deleting the  /usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomu directory would work for me. The fresh install uses python3 instead I think or at least I have a /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qomui directory. 

$ qomui-gui
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QomuiGui "Form", which already has a layout
  File "/usr/bin/qomui-gui", line 9, in <module>
    ex = QomuiGui()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 147, in __init__
    self.systemtray()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 1112, in systemtray
    self.pop_tray_menu()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/qomui_gui.py", line 1123, in pop_tray_menu

@win8: This error has nothing to do with a corrupt or incomplete installation. It's rather an issue with an older version of PyQt5 I suspect. I have an idea how to fix that, but I need to do some testing. In any case, this will require an update. I'll get back to you soon. Thanks a lot for sharing this with me!

I've run into the same (or similar) in that when I uninstalled qomui, the  /usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomui/ directory was still there. Deleting the  /usr/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/qomu directory would work for me. The fresh install uses python3 instead I think or at least I have a /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qomui directory. 

I just did the purge of qomui and looked. Sorry, i have no residual after  /usr/lib/python3.5/  with the names you mentioned

$ qomui-gui
  File "/usr/bin/qomui-gui", line 9, in <module>
    ex = QomuiGui()
    self.systemtray()
    self.pop_tray_menu()

@win8: This error has nothing to do with a corrupt or incomplete installation. It's rather an issue with an older version of PyQt5 I suspect. I have an idea how to fix that, but I need to do some testing. In any case, this will require an update. I'll get back to you soon. Thanks a lot for sharing this with me!

I'm glad to be of any help!

Released version 0.8.2. This one changes quite a few things and finally includes the option which keys to use for Airvpn. Here's the full changelog:

• [new] added AzireVPN
  • [new] option to specify key for Airvpn
  • [change] fast/random option added to profiles
  • [change] order of latency checks now based on previous results
  • [change] tidied up directory structure
  • [change] checks if ipv6 is available
  • [change] auto-updates for different providers won't run concurrently
  • [change] check if IPv6 is available before setting iptables rules
  • [change] don't generate new WireGuard keys on auto-update
  • [change] allow importing new servers if firewall is active but VPN is not
  • [bugfix] firewall not deactivating after gui exit (if the respective option is set)
  • [bugfix] detection of service crashes is not reliable
  • [bugfix] Windscribe auto-update fails because of authentication error
  • [bugfix] compatibility with older Qt5 versions
  • [bugfix] previous iptables rules not always restored
  • [bugfix] crashes if ipv6 stack not available
  • [bugfix] OpenVPN config changes overwritten on update
  • [bugfix] Debian packages remove /usr/share/qomui directory on update
Additional notes:
  • Re-importing config files from supported providers is strongly recommended as they are now saved in a different location.
  • If you are using Debian/Ubuntu packages Qomui must be removed (sudo apt purge qomui) and then installed again due to a bug in the postrm script.

@win8: This should solve your issue with an older version of PyQt. I'm sorry it took a while.

Question : what is the rule, with latency pings ? It seems to me that qomui only pings when not connected. Is that so ?

For those who want to install this on Raspbian (raspberry pie os ) (or armhf): 
first : 

sudo apt-get install  python3-setuptools python3-pyqt5 python3-dbus python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 openvpn stunnel dnsutils net-tools dnsmasq geoip-bin geoip-database python3-psutil python3-requests python3-lxml python3-bs4 python3-pexpect python3-cryptography

then just in case:

pip install beautifulsoup4

pip install pexpect
pip install psutil
pip install requests
pip install lxml

then 

then

cd qomui

sudo python3 setup.py build

sudo python3 setup.py install 

after this hop option will fail so:

copy "script" folder contents to  installed folder (4 files including hope and hope_down)

in my case

sudo cp /scripts/*.sh /usr/share/qomui/

perform a restart (or not) and Open the app

Done 

Hello, after last update, i can't make connect with hop server, like airvpn1->airvpn2, before was all good.

And second, after all updates, im need manually reinstall qomui, because if i update it, qomui crash and don't work.

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Hello, after last update, i can't make connect with hop server, like airvpn1->airvpn2, before was all good.

And second, after all updates, im need manually reinstall qomui, because if i update it, qomui crash and don't work.

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Logs? 

A word of warning: The current v0.8.2 does work with Debian 9.7 but not with testing and sid. The dpkg-new not found thing occurs. It is very likely that the differences between the major versions are too big.

Four simple things:
There's a guide to AirVPN. Before you ask questions, take 30 minutes of your time to go through it.

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here. It's the fallback DNS.
Running TOR exits is discouraged. They're subject to restrictions on the internet and harm all AirVPN users.

Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. If you overdo privacy, you'll be unique among the mass again.

XMPP: gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join our lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Can you please post your log, so I can see where it fails. Manual re-installations won't be necessary anymore with the next release (hopefully!)

A word of warning: The current v0.8.2 does work with Debian 9.7 but not with testing and sid. The dpkg-new not found thing occurs. It is very likely that the differences between the major versions are too big.

Thanks for the warning! I have only tested on Debian stable so far, and the package for Debian is built against this version. I'll look into it.

Question : what is the rule, with latency pings ? It seems to me that qomui only pings when not connected. Is that so ?

No, it'll actually ping when it detects a new Internet connection which is usually the case after you start Qomui. It'll also perform latency checks after a network change and once you add new servers.

corrado

Thanks for the great client. I'm using it on Ubuntu 18.04. Gnome and it's running pretty good with just one issue. 

Installed no problems. imported air files in a snap, connects super fast and I tested it for leaks with several tools available on the www and not a single leak - good job!

The app doesn't pick up the theme used on my system - arc dark 

Thanks

On 2/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, giganerd said:

A word of warning: The current v0.8.2 does work with Debian 9.7 but not with testing and sid. The dpkg-new not found thing occurs.

Same here.

nice one, but i have a question... is there a way to build this on/for windows?

“We rip out so much of ourselves to be cured of things faster than we should that we go bankrupt by the age of thirty and have less to offer each time we start with someone new. But to feel nothing so as not to feel anything—what a waste!”
André Aciman

Posted ... (edited)

Just a few words to say that i installed qomui on a raspberry pi 4 (using the instructions a few posts back), and it works very well...

I was not initially trying it as a replacement for eddie (i have some performance issues with my connections and wanted to see whether the client had an influence: it does not), but now i will consider it as true alternative for the venerable but slowish eddie 🙂

A suggestion: when applying some options, the ui goes into an irresponsive mode for some time. It would be nice to have a popup say something like "Please wait while i am working" and close when it's done ?
(to figure out when the ui was responsive again i was clicking on the scrollbar ... it works, but it is sub-optimal 😜 )
A question: the network lock in eddie is essential for me, does the 'activate firewall' use the same iptable rules as in eddie ?

Edited ... by ekureuil
some typos

I cant download server from mullaved. All time downloaded from half an hour. Can I connect to double-vpn using two AirVPN servers? How to do it? How to correctly configure the firewall? Thanks!

After installation of version 0.8.3, automatic startup program after computer startup and automatic connect to the server, there is a leak DNS. If i make reconnect - all ok. Also, if don't use function "autoconnect" during start OS, and manually connect to server, all ok too. It also does not work in function "use always" dns servers. i see too dns of my provider. On version 0.8.2 was ok.
I use xubuntu 18.04.3. Also now i tried Eddie-ui, i saw same problem, if check box "Check AirVPN DNS" activation, vpn just don't connect. If i turn off this function, vpn work, but dns leak too..
How i can fix it?
I think problem in method in logs: "DNS: Set IP and IP as dns servers via systemd-resolve"
before in 0.8.2 qomui used resolv.conf, maybe this..