Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.74.215
Sign in to follow this  
ahoneybadger

Setting up with pfSense in virtualbox

Im having a lot of trouble getting this to work. It says initialization complete but I cant get the actual traffic to flow, I think its just the routing thats causing problems, Im not really sure how to go about doing this so if anyone has any idea what to do its appreciated.

Im having a lot of trouble getting this to work. It says initialization complete but I cant get the actual traffic to flow, I think its just the routing thats causing problems, Im not really sure how to go about doing this so if anyone has any idea what to do its appreciated.

Hello!

Can you please describe your setup (host machine, virtual guest, VirtualBox networking configuration)?

Kind regards

The host machine is a macbook pro running lion. the network settings on the pfsense is nat and internal network, and the network on the VM is just internal network. I seem to have most things configured as the vpn seems to be initializing but the routing seems to be the only problem.

The host machine is a macbook pro running lion. the network settings on the pfsense is nat and internal network, and the network on the VM is just internal network. I seem to have most things configured as the vpn seems to be initializing but the routing seems to be the only problem.

Hello!

If you don't have particular bridging needs, a tested and working configuration is to set NAT in the networking option of VirtualBox for that guest. After that, you can choose to connect to the VPN the host (so that all the virtual machines will use transparently the VPN tunnel) or the guest only. NAT in VB fully supports port forwarding, so you can forward the remotely forwarded ports to your VMs as well.

Kind regards