Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.55.198
Sign in to follow this  
l33t

Service Questions

I just have a few questions about your interesting service:

1. Are we allowed to pay for a VPN plan in dollars (USD)? (I only see Euros as a payment option)

2. You state that your VPN speeds will be a minimum of 4Mbps download and upload, but that they can go up to 500Mbps depending on server load. Having a 1 Gbps connection myself, I'm curious how often speeds would be able to reach 500Mbps (or at least close to it) assuming the download location can support that speed?

3. Are there any bandwidth limitations for the service?

4. Do you have a refund policy if we are dissatisfied with the service?

I just have a few questions about your interesting service:

1. Are we allowed to pay for a VPN plan in dollars (USD)? (I only see Euros as a payment option)

Hello!

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, you can pay with USD. PayPal will convert automatically, while Liberty Reserve USD are calculated from EUR prices with Yahoo! Currency Converter. Bitcoins of course are the same all over the world.

2. You state that your VPN speeds will be a minimum of 4Mbps download and upload, but that they can go up to 500Mbps depending on server load. Having a 1 Gbps connection myself, I'm curious how often speeds would be able to reach 500Mbps (or at least close to it) assuming the download location can support that speed?

We don't state that. We state that the minimum allocated bandwidth for each customer is 4 Mbit/s up+down. About your curiosity, the only way to say for sure is to try the service.

3. Are there any bandwidth limitations for the service?

No.

4. Do you have a refund policy if we are dissatisfied with the service?

Of course. Please read the Terms of Service, available at the bottom of our web pages.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or support.

Kind regards

We don't state that. We state that the minimum allocated bandwidth for each customer is 4 Mbit/s up+down. About your curiosity, the only way to say for sure is to try the service.

In your FAQ under the "More" section, it states:

"Speed may vary according to several conditions which are intrinsic to how the Internet works. We guarantee on our servers, switches and lines an allocated minimum bandwidth of 4 Mbit/s per account (worst case scenario), while the upper limit is 500 Mbit/s on 1 Gbit/s servers."

That is what I was referring to when I asked about speeds. I guess my real question is, how often on average will we have a higher bandwidth than 4Mbps down? (Just a ballpark estimate: almost never, sometimes, frequently, etc.)

In your FAQ under the "More" section, it states:

"Speed may vary according to several conditions which are intrinsic to how the Internet works. We guarantee on our servers, switches and lines an allocated minimum bandwidth of 4 Mbit/s per account (worst case scenario), while the upper limit is 500 Mbit/s on 1 Gbit/s servers."

That is what I was referring to when I asked about speeds. I guess my real question is, how often on average will we have a higher bandwidth than 4Mbps down? (Just a ballpark estimate: almost never, sometimes, frequently, etc.)

Hello!

As you can see, we write about minimum allocated bandwidth, not speed. So, if the question refers to speed, it's not possible to answer.

Currently our servers "constellation" is largely oversized. We have a 24/7 bandwidth availability of more than 650 Mbit/s on 6 servers (Tauri, Delphini, Castor, Vega, Sirius, Draconis). Furthermore, availability of 900 Mbit/s on at least 1 server between them covers the most part of any given 24 hrs period.

Using high bandwidth may require a little attention when choosing the server to connect to, anyway it's very easy, see for example our real time monitor:

https://airvpn.org/status

A last consideration: a client which uses x bandwidth will use x*2 bandwidth on the server. So the maximum theoretical, ideal bandwidth you can expect on a 1 Gbit/s server which is completely unused is 500 Mbit/s, while on 100 Mbit/s servers it is 50 Mbit/s, except for bursts up to 200 Mbit/s which our providers allow for short periods. On the servers monitor you can see which servers have 1 Gbit/s or 100 Mbit/s dedicated ports.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

Looking at the real-time monitor, I see that currently EVERY server has the same "Granted" bandwidth of 4096 kbit/s. Does this mean that every server is currently at the minimum guaranteed bandwidth?

Looking at the real-time monitor, I see that currently EVERY server has the same "Granted" bandwidth of 4096 kbit/s. Does this mean that every server is currently at the minimum guaranteed bandwidth?

Hello!

The minimum bandwidth is guaranteed in the worst case scenario. Currently we have preferred to have bw redundancy than limiting number of connections to the servers. Of course, should all the clients decide to connect at the same time to the same server, that server would no more be able to provide at least 4 Mbit/s per client, and we would be compelled to limit the number of clients that can connect to each server. Our commitment is meant to guarantee a minimum bw allocation on the global infrastructure, not on each single server (which would be theoretically impossible).

However, even that extreme case would not imply that we failed our commitment , since there would always be at least a server with a minimum of 8 Mbit/s free. In reality, thanks to our growing customer base, we have been able to go beyond our commitment, since we have now enough servers to provide more than the allocated guaranteed bandwidth (see the previous message).

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

One other performance question I thought of:

Do your servers grant the same bandwidth to every user on each server, or do they allow users with higher bandwidth needs to be granted more bandwidth?

For example:

If there are 20 users on a gigabit server, and 19 of them only need 4 Mbps for the specific application they're running, but the last user is using an application that can use in excess of 4 Mbps, will the gigabit server give that last user more bandwidth since there is bandwidth to spare and he is using an application that demands more bandwidth?

One other performance question I thought of:

Do your servers grant the same bandwidth to every user on each server, or do they allow users with higher bandwidth needs to be granted more bandwidth?

For example:

If there are 20 users on a gigabit server, and 19 of them only need 4 Mbps for the specific application they're running, but the last user is using an application that can use in excess of 4 Mbps, will the gigabit server give that last user more bandwidth since there is bandwidth to spare and he is using an application that demands more bandwidth?

Hello!

We don't shape traffic, so every client can use up to the total bandwidth available. Load balancing is dynamic and without caps for each client.

Kind regards