Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.196.236

New with VPNs, chose Airvpn, am on Macbook High Sierra. Downloaded Eddie according to the site, launched it but don't seem to be browsing thru it - looking at county specific content which does not appear, even if i specifically chose a server from that country.

Then tried to set up a vpn connection through the macbook network preferences (L2TP) but needs a server name i can't find on the airvpn site.

I use Firefox normally but also tried with Google Chrome without success.

I'm not very tech savvy (maybe i shouldn't have chosen Airvpn because of this) so would appreciate some help to get started.

thx!

Are you actually connecting to a server?  To know, do what you were doing in Eddie and visit this web site.  At the top it should say the name of the server you're connect to.

I think so, yes. It says in the status bar up to "Bellatrix (United Kingdom)" although none of the UK servers have any stars in the score column. I'm reloading the UK page but it still says "content only available for UK viewers"

I think so, yes. It says in the status bar up to "Bellatrix (United Kingdom)" although none of the UK servers have any stars in the score column. I'm reloading the UK page but it still says "content only available for UK viewers"

Which page says "content only available for UK viewers"?  It sounds like a service which is intentionally blocking VPN users.  This is quite common.

It's the BBC football page, live updates where they show snippets of goals. see attached screenshot How do I know my connection goes through the vpn once I've connected, as mac tells me no vpn has been configured and when i look on youtube, there are video showing how to create a vpn connection on mac - so i'm assuming one has to.

It's the BBC football page, live updates where they show snippets of goals. see attached screenshot How do I know my connection goes through the vpn once I've connected, as mac tells me no vpn has been configured and when i look on youtube, there are video showing how to create a vpn connection on mac - so i'm assuming one has to.

Eddie runs openvpn, which is the only VPN standard AirVPN supports.  The tutorials you're watching are for how to setup other types of VPN (you mentioned L2TP).  Pay those no attention unless another VPN provider instructs you to do so.  If this AirVPN web site says you're connected to an AirVPN server, you are.