Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.183.137
Sign in to follow this  
bayoumedic

Make sure you plug DNS leaks

I came across these 2 sites and would like to share with the group.

http://dnsleaktest.com for making sure your IP is not leaking around your VPN connection.

Shows you how to fix it.

Plug other info leaks with http://ip-check.info/?lang=en

it runs a nice connection diagnostic and shows quite a bit of info.

It also offers suggestions and shows you how to protect your connection.

Many useful things in there.

On DNS leak test, it says

"WARNING: If you are connected to an anonymity/privacy service and ANY of the servers listed below are from your ISP then your DNS is leaking. (You should be able to recognise them based on the hostname and location)."

So the location is in a foreign country, it shows the ISP as Google and the hostname I don't recognize. My ISP is not Google, that's for sure. Am I golden?

On DNS leak test, it says

"WARNING: If you are connected to an anonymity/privacy service and ANY of the servers listed below are from your ISP then your DNS is leaking. (You should be able to recognise them based on the hostname and location)."

Hello!

Well, the above statement from that website actually is not totally accurate. Our system is perfectly capable to route/forward DNS queries inside the tunnel to your favorite DNS servers (that Windows does not act properly and sends queries under certain circumstances outside the tunnel is a different matter), receive the reply and send it to you encrypted. So, if your ISP DNS servers are public AND your DNS queries are tunneled, you have no DNS leaks but you will see anyway your ISP DNS in the test. The difference is that your ISP DNS will not see those queries coming from you, but from our VPN servers.

So the location is in a foreign country, it shows the ISP as Google and the hostname I don't recognize. My ISP is not Google, that's for sure. Am I golden?

Yes, you are. Our VPN servers query Google DNS so it's fine that you see them in the dns tests. Once cleaned from the privacy issues (task accomplished by our servers), Google DNS are excellent because of their superior performance and no censorship.

Kind regards