Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.76.221
Sign in to follow this  
jj85

AirVPN with dd-WRT DNS Leak issue

Hi Team.

After being an eddie client user, I wanted to test my skills and see if I could get airvpn through an old router that had been flashed with dd - wrt.

The modem/router is Netgear WNDR3700 v2.

I followed these instructions (airvpn guide) on how to set this this up and somehow even with my low tech skills, I managed to get things going.

My current issue is that when I go and check ipleak.net and check under DNS addresses I see 4 servers. 2 are the official airvpn servers and 2 are from another service provider but unsure if they are from my ISP (although they are from my country of residence). Under the "your IP addresses" I only se the airvpn ip address. My query only applies to the DNS addresses.

Is this something I should be worried about? Do I have a DNS leak?

I'm on a mac but I have access to a windows machine and both computers show the same 4 servers.

Is there something else I can set up via the dd-wrt router that can stop this and only show airvpn servers?

Hoping someone is willing to help. I'm more than happy to provide more info if needed.

Thanks Guys

Hello,

please consider that DNS settings of the devices behind the router take precedence over the router DNS settings. You probably don't have a DNS leak, because the DNS queries are anyway tunneled by the router after they get out of your Mac, but you might like to re-configure the devices to use VPN DNS (to do so, make sure that the devices query the router address as DNS server).

Kind regards