Not connected, Your IP: 44.205.2.188

I am running pfSense 2.4.0-RC which has OpenVPN 2.4 and supports AES-256-GCM. When I try to connect to Switzerland I can connect with AES-256-GCM but no traffic is passed, when I switch back to AES-256-CBC it connects and passes traffic. I can connect to my pfSense box from my computer or phone using AES-256-GCM so I do not think this is a pfSense issue.

Is anyone else having problems with AES-256-GCM?

I would like to switch to GCM for performance reasons and this super annoying.

Which server in Switzerland are you connecting to?  Only Achernar or Kitalpha are currently on OpenVPN 2.4.0.

I guess you're connecting to either Kitalpha and Achernar as those are the two in Switzerland that have OpenVPN 2.4.x.

I had the pfsense 2.4 beta for a while but I don't recall any problems like you're having.  Have you tried different compression settings?  In my experience if that's not right I'll be able to connect but no data will pass.  Also, any logs that indicate the problem?

I guess you're connecting to either Kitalpha and Achernar as those are the two in Switzerland that have OpenVPN 2.4.x.

I had the pfsense 2.4 beta for a while but I don't recall any problems like you're having.  Have you tried different compression settings?  In my experience if that's not right I'll be able to connect but no data will pass.  Also, any logs that indicate the problem?

Resolved, the server I was trying to connect did not have openVPN 2.4. After I specified the correct server it worked just fine!

I didn't specify a server with OpenVPN 2.4; I did not realize that some servers did not have 2.4 so that is my fault. Now I know to check first.