Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.61.223
pr1v

Bitcoin Is Forking. Again

good grief, I better be on my toes this time.  I lost out on some bitcoin cash by not having my own keys to my wallet.

If you don't have your private keys, it's not only the BCC you lost, it's your main BTC balance as well.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

good grief, I better be on my toes this time.  I lost out on some bitcoin cash by not having my own keys to my wallet.

If you don't have your private keys, it's not only the BCC you lost, it's your main BTC balance as well.

I still have my bitcoin.  In an electrum wallet now.  I've used it since the fork.  But, my transfer from an online wallet to electrum (where I do own my keys) was just a few heights late to get bitcoin cash.

good grief, I better be on my toes this time. I lost out on some bitcoin cash by not having my own keys to my wallet.

I still have my bitcoin. In an electrum wallet now. I've used it since the fork. But, my transfer from an online wallet to electrum (where I do own my keys) was just a few heights late to get bitcoin cash.

I use Electrum. But I notice that the exchange were I bought BTC the last couple of times cloned the BTC holdings into new BCH holdings for their online wallets. Are you sure the site where you had yours did NOT do this? If not, they basically stole from you. Who was it?

EDIT:

If anyone does use Electrum or another client where they have their own keys, I suggest you read "Recommendation on how to redeem Bitcoin Cash" which is linked from the Electrum web site:

https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt

Basically, "Move all your Electrum funds to a new Electrum wallet ..." (with different keys) before letting any BCH client import them from your Electrum setup. The point being underscored in this quote,

"The person who distributes the Electron Cash binaries has decided to remain anonymous, and uses the fake name "Jonald Fyookball" in order to sign Electron Cash binaries. Thus, if these binaries contain code that is designed to steal your bitcoins, the author of the theft will be anonymous and walk away safely with your funds."

I still have my bitcoin.  In an electrum wallet now.  I've used it since the fork.  But, my transfer from an online wallet to electrum (where I do own my keys) was just a few heights late to get bitcoin cash.

I use Electrum. But I notice that the exchange were I bought BTC the last couple of times cloned the BTC holdings into new BCH holdings for their online wallets. Are you sure the site where you had yours did NOT do this? If not, they basically stole from you. Who was it?

Yep, stealing was the opinion of many users.  It's localbitcoins.com.  What exchange did you do your purchase with?