Not connected, Your IP: 44.220.251.57

Apologies if this should be in an existing thread. As the word "Sky" is less than four characters, it is excluded from forum searches.

A Google search suggests that many people in the past few months have found that Sky have recently blocked VPN access to Sky Go. As there have been no threads relating to Sky Sports in the past few months I am starting a new one.

• If you absolutely have to post, then please include: a link to the blocked website, the AirVPN server you used, any error messages you got & any replies from support staff from the blocked site.

http://go.sky.com/

UK based servers: Dabih / Algedi / Asterope

Sky iD Error 288   [A google search suggests this specifically relates to blocking access via VPN]

• You get bonus points if you also tell us that you already tried the route checking tool and other things listed in the first section. . Double the bonus if you post in an existing thread instead.

See below.

Cannot find existing thread (see above)

• Posting also doesn't guarantee that the problem will be fixed. But if you follow the suggestions here, then you will make fixing the problem both quicker and easier for Air & everyone else :].

I understand.

---------

• Try check out the AirVPN Route Checking tool. Put the name of the website, such as www.netflix.com into the search field. Click search. Then refresh the page & look at the HTTP column.

All UK based servers were fine. All green.

• Try and change the server that you're using; especially servers from other countries, rather than just servers from the same country you were first connected to, as sometimes the servers of 1 country are all having issues. Especially if the Route Checking tool shows a red color in the HTTP colum or codes like 403. The HTTP Codes mean different things.

Issue persists. Sky Go must be accessed from a UK based server

• Try check out ipleak.net and make sure that the IP & DNS address fields only show 1 address each: those from AirVPN. Otherwise your ISP could be blocking you.

All appears fine.

• For Windows, try going to your Control Panel>>Internet Connections>>Change Adapter Settings>>Right Click each adapter>>Properties>>Untick IPv6>>Click Ok. Similar steps for MacOS/Linux.

Issue persists.

• Try use the AirVPN forum search field in the top right corner, to see if a similar thread exists already. It's better and easier if all the same posts are in the same thread.

"Sky" and "Go" are both excluded from search as they are less than four letters. "Sky go" returns no results.

• Try click the "Most Viewed" button, on the horizontal blue line, under the black "Start New Topic" button, in order to see the most viewed threads easily & quickly.

See above.

• Try and check that your ISP or country isn't listed here. Because these ISPs block various things.

My ISP is not listed.

• Try and check if the website is listed here. Sites listed here should be automatically unblocked, regardless of which server you use. (This is called "Micro-routing").

It is not listed here.

• Try and see if the content you want, is available via a torrent site, if you wish. You could then use qBittorent to download it using P2P technology, which AirVPN fully allows. (Not all VPNs do)

I am wishing to watch live sport.

----------------------

I hope this is of assistance, please let me know.

Thank you.