Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.121.160
james100

Current way of forcing all traffic through VPN

Hi,

I've been using AirVpn for years even though I am not very technical, and its fantastic.

I always like to force all traffic through the VPN.

For this I have been using Comodo firewall with AIrVpn for about 4 years I guess.

I have just got a new computer though and downloaded Eddie client.

What is the current best way to make sure that no traffic can go over my normal IP address?

thanks

I don't understand why the answer isn't obviously the network lock.

Hi,

the only issue is that I used to have to have some detailed rules put into Comodo which would shut down traffic outside of the vpn.

Will pressing the network lock button be as secure as Comodo? I really don't want to risk any traffic going out over my IP address obviously.

I've read things on this forum that I shouldn't use Comodo with the network lock as they would conflict, etc. So I just wondered if there was a latest post which would explain clearly the best set up to ensure there are no leaks if the VPN drops.

thanks

I don't understand why the answer isn't obviously the network lock.

Hi,

the only issue is that I used to have to have some detailed rules put into Comodo which would shut down traffic outside of the vpn.

Will pressing the network lock button be as secure as Comodo? I really don't want to risk any traffic going out over my IP address obviously.

I've read things on this forum that I shouldn't use Comodo with the network lock as they would conflict, etc. So I just wondered if there was a latest post which would explain clearly the best set up to ensure there are no leaks if the VPN drops.

thanks

Older versions of Eddie (Airvpn software) used the windows firewall for the network lock on windows OS.  Obviously, network lock wouldn't work if the windows firewall was disabled because a 3rd party firewall was being used.  Recently Eddie was changed to use the windows filtering platform (WFP) instead of the firewall.  This allows use of 3rd party firewall and network lock together.  In Eddie settings just make sure the network lock is set to use WFP.

How is network lock designed to work with Eddie on Mac OS X ? Is it dependent or vulnerable to on any OS settings ?

I'm also looking for a way to do this on an iPad so if anyone has any help advice or links please post. Thank you

How is network lock designed to work with Eddie on Mac OS X ? Is it dependent or vulnerable to on any OS settings ?

I'm also looking for a way to do this on an iPad so if anyone has any help advice or links please post. Thank you

Network lock uses iptables on Mac OSX.

for ipad use openvpn connect from the itunes store and install your AirVPN config by visiting the airvpn website from your ipad and going to config generator.

Yes I've had that set up for a while but it doesn't prevent traffic while the vpn connection is trying to RECONNECT after my iPad has been idle for a while and the wifi signal has already reconnected. A lot of the time the vpn does not even reconnect AT ALL after the wifi does until I manually go into settings and do it.

Is their no network lock because Apple put restrictions on what you can program onto iPad ?

I've also heard that Apple force certain connections directly to Apple servers like iCloud and certain system connections regardless of if there is a VPN or not. Is this true and how can I check this ?

Thanks

I forgot to add a reply to your mention of the network lock using Mac OS X iptables.

How reliable does that design work in preventing traffic going outside the vpn using iptables ? Would you say that's ideal or it's used as there is not a better more solid way of doing it ?