Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.187.108
Sign in to follow this  
Lamu

Leaking DNS with Ubuntu 17.04, What to do?

I'm leaking DNS.

I have Eddie 2.12.4 with network lock activated in Ubuntu 17.04

I had tried this https://airvpn.org/topic/22715-leaking-dns-with-ubuntu-1704/  but i got this error 

eBdKlJe.jpg

In ipleak.net recommend to do this on firefox:

• Mozilla Firefox: Type "about:config” in the address bar. Scroll down to “media.peerconnection.enabled”, double click to set it to false.

What I have to do to solve the first error?

When I will solve the error I need to do the same on firefox for better security?

Thank you

I'm leaking DNS

Hello!

This is impossible. There are no DNS leaks on GNU/Linux.

i got this error

The error message seems quite explicative, you don't have the permission necessary to save the file.

Please make sure to edit the file with root privileges.

Kind regards

I'm leaking DNS

Hello!

This is impossible. There are no DNS leaks on GNU/Linux.

>>i got this error

The error message seems quite explicative, you don't have the permission necessary to save the file.

Please make sure to edit the file with root privileges.

Kind regards

I never understood this "Linux doesn't have dns leaks". If I'm using linux, and see my ISP's DNS while connected to a VPN, what would you call that? Is it safe to see my ISP's DNS while using Linux and connected to a VPN?

I never understood this "Linux doesn't have dns leaks". If I'm using linux, and see my ISP's DNS while connected to a VPN, what would you call that? Is it safe to see my ISP's DNS while using Linux and connected to a VPN?

That's a normal DNS query respecting the system settings. It has nothing to do with DNS leaks. A DNS leak is a totally different thing which affects only Windows (which does not have a DNS implementation, lacking the concept of global DNS).

Kind regards