Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.218.184

Hi,

I have a very slow connection with airvpn + dd wrt setup. I am fighting with it now 2 days because i am asking why it so slow ?

I @ home a 200/200mbs line

But what i get max is 30/15mbs ?

Yeah, it should be faster than that.  Do you get faster speeds from the same server with a PC with Eddie (for example)?

What things have you tried to increase speed?

How does dd-wrt control core affinity of the openvpn process?

Yeah, it should be faster than that.  Do you get faster speeds from the same server with a PC with Eddie (for example)?

How do you mean control core affinity ?  With eddie client i get much higher ...

What cam i do to increase the speed

You could try playing with the buffers, which helped me a little on my R8000 with Tomato and immensely on my Android phone. I would also try playing with different protocols and ports. That made a night and day difference on my router and a decent difference on my Android. Same servers too. Anyhow, how you adjust other things would depend on protocol used and how far away the server you use is. It is easier to get good performance on a closer server everything else being equal but it is possible to get good performance from a far away server, provided decent routing and use of the right protocol and settings. I know Tomato performs awesome for me. I never did play with OpenVPN on DD-WRT when I was playing around with it, so I can't compare it to Tomato.

How do you mean control core affinity ?  With eddie client i get much higher ...

What cam i do to increase the speed

affinity is basically what core of the CPU a process is allowed to run on.

I'm thinking maybe your router is running the openvpn process on a core that's already busy with kernel work.

SSH into the router, look at the processes using top.  You'll see what core they're using.

If dd-wrt has more than one openvpn client "slot", try the next slot to see if that changes the affinity of the openvpn process and allows greater speed.

Lastly you can try http://xmodulo.com/run-program-process-specific-cpu-cores-linux.html to change affinity manually.  Hopefully taskset is already installed.