Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.168.172
Sign in to follow this  
hanswurst77

Forwarded ports: red tokens

hello,

i know that there's already a thread about this topic, but i didn't want to hijack it, as it is tagged as solved. i hope it is the correct way to go, if not i won't mind if you merge my thread with the existing one.

so here's the problem:

you did a great job here on walking me through to getting a high id with emule, as well as a green udp token on the ports security check. the tokens for tcp and bittorrent remained grey, which i didn't really care about, because i connect via kad only on emule and bittorrent was running fine nevertheless.

today i checked back on it, and suddenly the bittorrent token was red. even worse, after repeating the check a few times, all the tokens turned red and remain so.

i'm connected via modem to the internet.

i'm using scarangel 4.2 and bittorrent 7.6.

i've configured comodo so that it will allow those applications through vpn only, using the ip range. i tried to add a rule for bittorent to allow the forwarded source port only, but with no effect. is there anything else to do in comodo about the ports?

i hope you have any ideas, because i am getting a bit worried.

thanks!

Hello!

Something must have changed on your system. First of all you should ascertain whether you have added some Comodo rule which blocks incoming packets. Just disable Comodo firewall completely for a quick check in order to determine if it's a problem related to Comodo.

Kind regards

that's the starnge thing, i didn't add or change any comodo rules since.

ok, now i did the following:

comodo was running at startup, i started bittorrent and went on the forwarded ports page. emule tcp was grey, emule udp green (although emule was not running), bittorrent token was red.

i shut down comodo and checked the bittorrent port again - still red.

turned comodo back on, checked again - still red.

just to give it a try, i checked emule udp again - it turned red too (emule still not running).

i forgot to mention, in my bittorrent client the options "enable upnp port mapping" and "enable nat-pmp port mapping" are checked (default). do you know what these settings do? should i leave them that way?

what about adding the bittorrent port (source/destination?) to the according comodo rule? is this right, redundant or wrong?

@hanswurst

Additional note: please make sure that you have not forwarded on your router the same ports that you remotely forwarded on our servers, the typical case for which a red token is displayed.

Kind regards

there are no forwarded ports, as my box is configured as a modem, not as a router. to be sure, i checked its menu, it says "no ports forwarded".

maybe i am doing something wrong on the checking page? when i hit the "check" button for the particular port, it says on top of the page "checking of port xxxxx requested", the token turns white, and the "check" button turns into "refresh". apart from that, nothing happens. when i hit "refresh", the token turns red.

there are no forwarded ports, as my box is configured as a modem, not as a router. to be sure, i checked its menu, it says "no ports forwarded".

Hello!

Ok, in this case you don't have to worry about correlation attacks.

Should you get a red token on a TCP port, then you'll need to investigate further, but at the moment, if you have no port open on your modem/router, a red token on an UDP port might be some error of our check system, we'll look into it asap. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Should you get a red token on a TCP port, then you'll need to investigate further

the bittorrent port is both for udp and tcp.

we'll look into it asap. We apologize for the inconvenience.

i'd appreciate if you kept me in the loop.