Not connected, Your IP: 3.229.122.112

Can't stream Netflix videos while on AirVPN, though I don't have an issue actually loading the website to access things like my account or to see the lists of movies available; it's only when I try to stream. Also, it occurs no matter what server I'm on. Has been an issue for a while. I attached a screenshot of the website when I attempt to stream. 

Hi,

Netflix is actively blocking VPNs so the short answer is no, you cannot!

For more details, there are numerous threads about it in this forum, just look it up.

Yes, you can Bypass the Block.

Granted, if your knowledge of "Routing" & "IPTables" Depending your Operating System, you may find this harder than some.

You would need to Re-Route Certain Host-names & Addresse's that Netflix are associated with & have that go around the VPN Tunnel if that is possible for you. 

Can route this throw a known VPN Host that works, if you have the knowledge, or you can simply have them Routed over the WAN.

Hope this helps.

Granted, if your knowledge of "Routing" & "IPTables" Depending your Operating System, you may find this harder than some.

You would need to Re-Route Certain Host-names & Addresse's that Netflix are associated with & have that go around the VPN Tunnel if that is possible for you. 

Can route this throw a known VPN Host that works, if you have the knowledge, or you can simply have them Routed over the WAN.

Hope this helps.

His question was more about how to stream from an AirVPN server than how to stream from your ISP IP address while using AirVPN.

And I suggest you don't do as said above. In order to make Netflix work you'll have to re-route to your real connection a lot of IP addresses which may host other contents that you want to access only from the VPN.

Hope this helps.

His question was more about how to stream from an AirVPN server than how to stream from your ISP IP address while using AirVPN.

And I suggest you don't do as said above. In order to make Netflix work you'll have to re-route to your real connection a lot of IP addresses which may host other contents that you want to access only from the VPN.

Agree'd But the option is there.

And yes, they are using AWS, but if you navigate carefully, your traffic wont route incorrectly.

Being as Netflix Block AirVPN the above is redundant as this is a cat & mouse game unless you bite the bullet and do the above.

As this is what i will need todo as my Other half uses Netflix, so i will Assign this Against 1 Device.

I have no knowledge of ip tables or how to find these addresses, and if I should or not route these address outside of the vpn remains unclear to me.  I would assume that if the traffic is routed outside of the vpn, what is in the vpn won't be affected by what is happening outside the vpn, but here it sounds like it would.

Here in Canada, the georestriction is in force because netflix US gets a lot more choices then canada.

Now I thought that a transparent vpn is undetectable, and I find through netflix that they are able to tell if a poxy is being.

Could someone explain to me some basic.

i find the information is hard to find here.  If I make a search I never get the same results.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

And refrain to answer if you are going to tell me to make a search about, I think it is rude and very unwelcoming, as I seen in some other posts.  I understand this may sound redundant to some of you, but for me it is a lot to take at one time.

I have no knowledge of ip tables or how to find these addresses, and if I should or not route these address outside of the vpn remains unclear to me.  I would assume that if the traffic is routed outside of the vpn, what is in the vpn won't be affected by what is happening outside the vpn, but here it sounds like it would.

Here in Canada, the georestriction is in force because netflix US gets a lot more choices then canada.

Now I thought that a transparent vpn is undetectable, and I find through netflix that they are able to tell if a poxy is being.

i find the information is hard to find here.  If I make a search I never get the same results.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

And refrain to answer if you are going to tell me to make a search about, I think it is rude and very unwelcoming, as I seen in some other posts.  I understand this may sound redundant to some of you, but for me it is a lot to take at one time.

lmgtfy

just kidding 

Netflix can easily check up the IP adress you are connecting from and see if it's a residential IP (home connection) or a "business" IP (possibly dedicated servers, VPS)

When they see you connecting from a "business" IP like from OVH or others who sell dedicated servers, they assume you are using a VPN/proxy. 

Trouble is netflix uses many IP adresses. Too many to easily add them to "Outside the channel" in Eddie>Routes

I am also having trouble streaming Netflix.  I have only tested connecting to a server in the UK from the US.

I have screen shot. It says:

"Whoops, something went wrong...

Streaming Error

You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy. "

AirVPN claims to have solved this issue in their add copy. I was a major reason that I decided to check them out.

If someone has a simple solution I am all ears.

TIA
Joe

I am also having trouble streaming Netflix.  I have only tested connecting to a server in the UK from the US.

I have screen shot. It says:

"Whoops, something went wrong...

Streaming Error

You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy. "

AirVPN claims to have solved this issue in their add copy. I was a major reason that I decided to check them out.

If someone has a simple solution I am all ears.

TIA

Joe

what ad copy?

I think the 'ad copy' to which he is referring is that of AirVPN for how they advertise or give information about the VPN service, like most VPN services. Inferred by some as 'blanket unrestricted access all the time' for things related to getting around geo-blocking, censorship, or for things like Net Neutrality. People often infer these things to mean they will have some sort of non-blocked access to places like Netflix when that is not true.

I think the 'ad copy' to which he is referring is that of AirVPN for how they advertise or give information about the VPN service, like most VPN services. Inferred by some as 'blanket unrestricted access all the time' for things related to getting around geo-blocking, censorship, or for things like Net Neutrality. People often infer these things to mean they will have some sort of non-blocked access to places like Netflix when that is not true.

Some time ago Air did list Netflix as one of the services they could make work via their micro-routing, etc.  But, when Netflix started to block VPNs a year or so ago Air removed Netflix from the "supported" list.  I was thinking there may be some old "advertisement" that tittiger saw but isn't valid anymore.

I don't remember seeing that in writing but I remember hearing about it, so yeah that sounds about right then if that's what he saw.

Thanks,

lmgtfy

just kidding 

Netflix can easily check up the IP adress you are connecting from and see if it's a residential IP (home connection) or a "business" IP (possibly dedicated servers, VPS)

When they see you connecting from a "business" IP like from OVH or others who sell dedicated servers, they assume you are using a VPN/proxy. 

Trouble is netflix uses many IP adresses. Too many to easily add them to "Outside the channel" in Eddie>Routes

You can have a laugh at me, I am not sure what lmgtfy means, laughing your something, lol

Hey thanks this was simple and to the point.  I appreciate.

Thanks,

lmgtfy

just kidding 

You can have a laugh at me, I am not sure what lmgtfy means, laughing your something, lol

Hey thanks this was simple and to the point.  I appreciate.

np

lmgtfy = let me google that for you

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=openvpn+route+outside+the+tunnel

A curiosity with Roku -- many Roku channels will work with VPN.  But once Netflix has blocked use for VPN, a moment later Roku always stops working entirely for a time.  Some weird error message, along the lines of unable to connect to router or the router not being connected to Internet (when Internet is working just fine through that VPN-enabled router for other devices than Roku).

I'd rather run everything, including Netflix, through VPN.  That said -- until I have the technical expertise to crack this and the broad bandwidth through VPN to always stream reliably -- I just run Netflix and Roku through an unencrypted channel.  Its the email and other client communications that I really care about protecting.