Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.33.41
bsabiston

Eddie hangs on wake from sleep (OS X)

For the first couple of weeks I used AirVPN and Eddie, it had no problem connecting after waking from sleep.  But now it hangs.  If I kill the process and relaunch, it goes into an infinite loop, saying something about "Checking routes".  The only way I can get it to work again is to restart the machine.

I could probably manually quit Eddie, then sleep the computer, then relaunch it when I wake the computer, and retype my password.  But that is a pain in the ass.  Did something change that would cause Eddie to stop working after wake from sleep?

Thanks

Hello!

There's an abundance of threads on this topic again, in case you'd like to search.

Please paste your Eddie logs from line 1 . Otherwise the usual solution is to turn on Network Lock and then go into the Eddie settings and disable "Check if Tunnel works", as well as sometimes "Check AirVPN DNS" in the DNS tab.

You could also try updating the client - such as to the Beta release.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

For the first couple of weeks I used AirVPN and Eddie, it had no problem connecting after waking from sleep.  But now it hangs.  If I kill the process and relaunch, it goes into an infinite loop, saying something about "Checking routes".  The only way I can get it to work again is to restart the machine.

I could probably manually quit Eddie, then sleep the computer, then relaunch it when I wake the computer, and retype my password.  But that is a pain in the ass.  Did something change that would cause Eddie to stop working after wake from sleep?

Thanks

I always hit disconnect before leaving the machine going to sleep or something else.

The {Eddie} window always remains open, and when I wake the computer from sleep, all I have to do is hit connect and I get no errors or any kind of troubles, well, till now I didn't. And it's connecting back extremely fast.

And yes, I do have Network Lock always on.