Not connected, Your IP: 3.231.217.209
Staff

Eddie 2.12.4 released

I have checked reconnect to last server in settings and activate network lock but when I shut down and open my computer it reconnects to different server everytime! Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with Eddie? If I am doing wrong how can I make that happen? I always want to connect to same server all the time after shut down and turn it on!

I have checked reconnect to last server in settings and activate network lock but when I shut down and open my computer it reconnects to different server everytime! .... I always want to connect to same server all the time after shut down and turn it on!

There are these problems in 2.12.4., as i already mentioned here: https://airvpn.org/topic/22214-eddie-2124-released/?do=findComment&comment=59579

Thats why i`m back to 2.11.15

Suggestion: please close Eddie automatically if Windows is shut down, without prompting for confirm.

Suggestion: please close Eddie automatically if Windows is shut down, without prompting for confirm.

Open eddie settings and disable Exit confirmation prompt.

oosOVFN.png

I believe what smac is asking for is for Eddie to disconnect and exit silently when Windows is shutdown like other apps running in the system tray. It's not the first time I've read someone ask for the behavior. From that I understand Eddie needs to be disconnected and exited before Windows shutdown to prevent it from leaving the AirVPN DNS addresses in the connection Internet Protocols property window.

I have checked reconnect to last server in settings and activate network lock but when I shut down and open my computer it reconnects to different server everytime! .... I always want to connect to same server all the time after shut down and turn it on!

There are these problems in 2.12.4., as i already mentioned here: https://airvpn.org/topic/22214-eddie-2124-released/?do=findComment&comment=59579

Thats why i`m back to 2.11.15

im whitelist all Netherlands, and rest all default unchecked/undefined, this works fine event after restart

?! Did for sure not work here... i`m waiting for a new Version. So far is everything ok with 2.11.15

I believe what smac is asking for is for Eddie to disconnect and exit silently when Windows is shutdown like other apps running in the system tray. It's not the first time I've read someone ask for the behavior. From that I understand Eddie needs to be disconnected and exited before Windows shutdown to prevent it from leaving the AirVPN DNS addresses in the connection Internet Protocols property window.

I would love to have that feature

This version is much better for Macs than the last one. However the VPN kill switch doesnt seem to work. Sometime I will come home to see that Eddie is in a hung state, i.e. if I hover my mouse over it's icon in the top apple toolbar it will show the classic rainbow ball. However the net is still on and unprotected! This is really a big drawback, if Eddie hangs it should kill the internet with it

This version is much better for Macs than the last one. However the VPN kill switch doesnt seem to work. Sometime I will come home to see that Eddie is in a hung state, i.e. if I hover my mouse over it's icon in the top apple toolbar it will show the classic rainbow ball. However the net is still on and unprotected! This is really a big drawback, if Eddie hangs it should kill the internet with it

Hello!

Network Lock is a set of pf rules so if Eddie crashes Network Lock will remain active.

Kind regards

Sometime I will come home to see that Eddie is in a hung state, i.e. if I hover my mouse over it's icon in the top apple toolbar it will show the classic rainbow ball. However the net is still on and unprotected! This is really a big drawback, if Eddie hangs it should kill the internet with it

I see the beach ball all the time (when waking the laptop from sleep, or even after a long time using it).

However, even though Eddie hangs, openvpn might still be running, and running things through the tunnel. You can verify whether openvpn is still running in the Activity Monitor, and you can verify that you're still going through the tunnel by visiting https://ipleak.net

Furthermore, you could kill openvpn in the Activity Monitor, and check that then you can't access the internet anymore.

(Note also that Eddie doesn't seem to detect running instances of openvpn, and I've had situations where I had two instances running - a double tunnel?)

How to manually disable Network lock from terminal if Eddie and openvpn processes are killed?!