Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.71.21
Sign in to follow this  
OmniNegro

Landmark Copyright Cases.

Please feel free to link in reputable sources for information on the "Wins" providers and end users have over the Goliaths of commercial content.

Most will not know much about my first link to this. Usenet is a very old system that literally predates the Internet entirely. For this case to make sense to you, you need to first understand that Usenet providers do not post nor directly provide content to anyone. Users post content, and the servers hosting it all all interconnected. They each share everything, and none has the capacity to filter any subject on their own.

I could tell you much more about how it works, but you can learn elsewhere. This thread is for us to share the big wins. And this one will have a precedent for decades to come.

https://torrentfreak.com/usenet-provider-giganews-wins-landmark-copyright-battle-170124/

*Edit* You may want to read the PDF for the full result. It has a better wording for many ambiguous parts of my vague description of Usenet and the varied innuendo under which Giganews was serving the content in question. If Torrent Freak should incur too much hosting cost, all they need to do is change the URL and I will find another host for it. (I doubt it will happen, but we only have one Internet. We must preserve it as best we can.)

https://torrentfreak.com/images/Giganews-Perfect-10-2017-01-23.pdf

(Someone kindly let me know if the link goes down. I have a copy preserved forever on a hard drive. If the link does not work, just let me know. I will fix it.)

I am eagerly awaiting more *Wins* as time goes one. This was but a domino. A big domino, but just one. If the morons at "Perfect 10" had tried Astraweb first and moved on to the big fish after defeating one of the little dogs then they could have actually managed to win. But they got greedy and tried for a richer reward all at once. The devil does not indulge a glutton.

If the courts had not denied the naming of the CEO from the countersuit, he would owe millions.

Well, I have drank a small amount of alcohol. So I had better stop lest I go on a crazy rant to destroy all mankind. Good night everyone.

Debugging is at least twice as hard as writing the program in the first place.

So if you write your code as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you are not smart enough to debug it.