Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.34.209
Sign in to follow this  
jean claud

Is AirVpn made for Linux ?

Hi,

I've subscribed  3 days test trial for 1 euro and if I suppose that AirVpn is a great VPN for Windows or Mac , I'm not so sure about Linux

I've two PC one with linux  mint 18 (xenial)  and one with linux 17

With linux 18 nothing is working nor the deb file ( error message) or the ovpn files (in network manager connection is marked ok , but in fact connection is nul)

So if you have linux > to linux mint 18 or Ubuntu 16.04 , AirVpn doesn't seem to be made for you .

Another remark , I read on the forum that the Deb file doesn't worth since months for xenial  , why this problem isen't fixed ?

With Linux Mint b17 the situation is better you can get a decent  connection  , but speed  can be good or poor when you chose a continent (europe in my case)  or a country .

and the choice of locations is not so important (no servers in iceland or estonia two great countries for internet freedom)

(edit: no ads)

Apologies for my poor english )

Hi,

I've subscribed  3 days test trial for 1 euro and if I suppose that AirVpn is a great VPN for Windows or Mac , I'm not so sure about Linux

I've two PC one with linux  mint 18 (xenial)  and one with linux 17

With linux 18 nothing is working nor the deb file ( error message) or the ovpn files (in network manager connection is marked ok , but in fact connection is nul)

So if you have linux > to linux mint 18 or Ubuntu 16.04 , AirVpn doesn't seem to be made for you .

Another remark , I read on the forum that the Deb file doesn't worth since months for xenial  , why this problem isen't fixed ?

With Linux Mint b17 the situation is better you can get a decent  connection  , but speed  can be good or poor when you chose a continent (europe in my case)  or a country .

and the choice of locations is not so important (no servers in iceland or estonia two great countries for internet freedom)

well , I'm really disapointed if I refer to my other vpn experiences  (the large server's choice of Nordvpn , the facility of Mullvad and the great work of cryptostorm ...(my prefered one)

Apologies for my poor english :o)

For Mint 18 and Ubuntu 16.xx you need to install Eddie 2.11.12 because Eddie 2.10.3 is not compatible with Mono 4. Eddie 2.11.12 will be the new stable release very soon. Please see here to download it:

https://airvpn.org/topic/18625-eddie-211beta-available/

Please take note that no ads are allowed in the forums and that the competitor you promote does NOT provide free and open source software for GNU/Linux, while we do. Our software runs perfectly on almost every single Linux distribution, even the less famous ones.

About your complaints with network-manager-openvpn, we are not responsible for the bugs in it. We even recommend to NOT use it. If you only had read the documentation and the links sent to you in the courtesy e-mail you would have realized that.

Stop advertising and trolling or your account will be banned from the forum.

Kind regards

Big big apologies I wasn't trolling , I was sincere ... but since I've installed the experimental deb file , it's working like a charm and I will subscribe  for a longer time

Thank you so much for your precious reply , and sorry again if my message was taken like a provocation, it wasn't my purpose