Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.171.121
greenclaydog

Interesting post on /r/VPN regarding countries preferable for hosting privacy services.

the list:

1: Estonia

2: Iceland

3: Georgia

4: Japan

5: Armenia

Georgia, where Wordpress and Youtube are sometimes blocked and the only 2 of the 3 residential ISPs are tied to government?

Armenia, where during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict last year major parts of the country were disconnected from internet?

I hope nobody is taking this list seriously.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

the list:

1: Estonia

2: Iceland

3: Georgia

4: Japan

5: Armenia

Georgia, where Wordpress and Youtube are sometimes blocked and the only 2 of the 3 residential ISPs are tied to government?

Armenia, where during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict last year major parts of the country were disconnected from internet?

And you see kids, this is why information should be vetted before It's posted on Reddit. 

Edit:

Several users have pointed out, correctly, that there are privacy violations existing in some of the top countries or countries of note. This is important to be aware of - nowhere is perfect. The two best nations, Iceland and Estonia, still engage in some data retention. I would be amazed if any of these countries conducts no online surveillance, and in some cases (e.g. Slovakia) we know for a fact that they do. The countries listed above are there because they are better than any other countries that were investigated, in either Freedom House's opinion (ranked countries) or my opinion (unranked). They are not there because they are perfect privacy havens - I don't think such a place exists!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.