Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.80.94
snapz

La Quadrature du Net calls to support the campaign #SaveTheLink!

Paris, 12 January 2017 —  A group of MEPs of all political orientations, including Julia Reda, representative of the Pirate Party, calls on citizens to mobilize to prevent the introduction of dangerous measures in European copyright reform. Their campaign "Save the Link!" aims to preserve our ability to share information on the Internet, by preserving the freedom to make hypertext links and preventing widespread automated filtering of contents. La Quadrature du Net calls for support of this campaign to prevent the copyright reform from leading to further incursion on our freedoms.

https://www.laquadrature.net/en/save-the-link

The European Union just proposed one of the worst copyright laws in the world.

What will the Link Tax mean?

The link tax is a proposal to apply a new copyright to the snippets of text that automatically accompany news links.5 It will mean licensing fees and unaffordable contracts for sites that share news.

Imagine your favourite websites are stripped of links, or forced out of business because they can’t afford the hyperlink fees. The web as we know it will be taken away.

The Link Tax will also stifle innovation and ensure the dominance of entrenched players, to the detriment of smaller publishers and smaller news sites. Only major websites will be able to pay these fees and only major news sites will get linked to.

https://act1.openmedia.org/SaveTheLink

I have nothing to hide, but that's nobody's business!

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
John Lennon
The further a society drift from truth the more it will hate those that speak it.
George Orwell

Hello!

Thank you for sharing with us. That's quite interesting and it certainly sounds terrible. Here I thought the EU was meant to make the UK regret Brexit

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.